Chapter 3 : Still Have Feelings

Juan POV

We left the restaurant soon after Latisha blindly ran off and to say that I was a little affected by this meeting was an meek description.  Seeing her close by after those many years that passed between us, brought back so many memories. 
I loathed just being in her presence but the hate slightly vanished by the sound of her voice touching my ears. I hate how her presence can have such affect on me, when my plan is to coldly destroy her bit by bit. I  ordered the same men that found her to watch her closely, wanting to be a step ahead,  knowing her very move so I could easily control my next decisions but as I sat behind the desk in my study I received a call that I didn't expect  to receive.

"Sir…something happened. "
I heard the imbecile stutter nervously on the other side and I deeply frowned.

"What do you mean something happened?"
I questioned harshly and the man explained that Latisha have been taken to hospital.

I sat up in faint shock lighting a cigarette, breathing in its minty poison and blowing the smoke out slowly , "What happened to her? I swear to God if you retards caused this that you will greatly pay for it!"

I found myself saying and heard how the poor fool winced.
"We don't know sir the Hospital will not disclose any information. "

I cursed just as my sister walked in and she stared at me with wide eyes, watching me ending the call.
"Is something wrong?"

"Latisha is in the hospital."
I  grunted and she visibly paled.

"Will she be ok? Juan did you …cause this?"

I annoyingly glared at her and grabbed my jacket. 
"Don't be a fool. My plan has barely taken its pace."

"So what now?"
She questioned and I  blew out the last bit of smoke, nipping the cigarette.

"I am going to the hospital. "

"Good, I am going with."
She announced and followed me.

"Doctor Mullin to Room 5!! Doctor Mullin to room 5!!"

The urgent call came over the intercom and nurses as well as doctors rushed by my sister and I where we stood in the hallway just out side of Latisha's room. My eyes scanned the area around us, waiting impatiently for the doctor to pass us so I could get ahold of him, my fingers piercing into the young nurse's wrist whilst she painfully gasped.

"I paged him nn. .now. .and as you can hear he is on his way. Can I please go now?"

She stuttered and my sister eyed me with unhappiness making it quite clear that she did not approve of my behavior but I could give a flying fuck about what she wants right now. After no one would give me the information I seek on Latisha's conditions I tried another tactic, one which worked immediately.  I grabbed the nurse and told her to page the doctor and after she refused I darkly promised her that I knew where she lived and who her family were and that I would not accept any disobedience. .. the girl immediately gave in . 
I loosened my grip just as the doctor neared us and the nurse ran away after I warned her to shut up about it. Doctor Mullin entered Latisha's room and froze, clearly confused by the fact that there wasn't an emergency and just as he was about to leave I opened the door and walked in.

"I'm sorry only family allowed…"

He began but I closed the door behind me and gave a smile,  one that told him I didn't really come in peace and he gulped his hands searching for his pager.
"Who…are you? "

"Who I am is of no importance doctor. . Now leave your pager and let us talk… I wouldn't want to send you to the ER."

He paled and pulled his hands put of his pockets taking a step back.
"What…what do you want Mr. ..?"