Chapter 5 : My Past

Latisha POV

I could feel the cold metal in my hand.

I heard a gunshot being fired. Then, all I saw was blood. The rusted iron-like smell took over my senses. The sound of the body hitting the floor struck my ears.

A Dead Body.

The dead body of the man I loathe the most. The man who ruined my life.

I turned to see Juan standing by the door, eyes wide. He ran towards me and snatched the gun from me. I don't know what was happening. The cops entered the house and were arresting Juan for a crime he never committed. I didn't object. I possibly couldn't, for him.

But what disturbed me was Juan. Betrayal written all over his face, but what I saw in his eyes scared me. His eyes said "I'll be back to avenge this betrayal." I knew I deserved it but I was horrified.

I gasp for air and my eyes shot open. They take time to adjust to the white walls and bright lights. I was sweating like a pig and my pillow was wet under my eyes, confirming that I was crying during my nightmare.

Naomi was sitting on the couch across the room, sleeping. I try to sit up which causes the bed to creak and Naomi to get up. As she saw me awake relief took over her features. She walked towards me, sat beside me and squeezed my hand in an assuring manner. She then gave me a tight and sad smile.

"Do you want to tell me anything" Naomi asked me with expectation.

I just shook my head and said, "I need some more time Naomi. It is not like I don't trust you. I don't tell you because I know you will never see me the same way if I tell you. You will either feel sympathy or hatred towards me..."

She just nodded and said, "It's okay. Just know that I'll always be here for you. I'll go and inform the doctor that you are awake." And she walked out of the room.

Then as I tried to remember how I ended up here, the reality hit me like a truck. Juan. He was with me. He punished me. He kissed me. He touched me. Called me a whore and left. Left me in pain.

Where was Juan now? When I needed him the most

"Of course he is not here...he hates you" I muttered to myself.

------*------

1 MONTH LATER

It's been so long since I last met him. He is the reason behind me not surrendering myself to the cops. He is my only reason to live.

He is my brother, Ian Breckin.

I moved towards the orphanage to meet Ian, my lovely little 12 year old brother. I couldn't keep him with me as I myself was sharing a room with Naomi.

When my parents had died in the car crash Ian was with them in the car. I had thought Ian had died with them. I didn't get to know about him until a few days before I killed... 'Him'.

I visited him every week, but because of the happenings lately I haven't met him a lot. He has blond hair and grey eyes, just like dad and a very deep voice. Ian is strong, both mentally and physically. He understands my problems. He is a little too mature for a 12 year old.

I enter the orphanage and reach the front desk. I smiled at Lilly, who sits there and knows me very well. She is a tall beautiful lady with long chocolate brown hair. She is a lovely lady.

She leads me to Ian's room and leaves us alone. Ian was playing a video game with so much concentration and he looked too cute.

"Hey Lati" he said without removing his eyes from the screen. Then he started speaking about some video game.