Chapter Fifteen

I could hear the screams as the hours drew on. It is already dinner time, but with the amount of screams coming out of the hospital room that Julian makes, are making me feel like I will throw up if I try to eat anything.

"Oliver, you need to eat." Uriah calls softly to me as he crouches down in front of me. My eyes widden when I see how close he is. His chest is against my knees and both of his hands are placed firmly on my thighs. I blush when I look back into Uriah's eyes and I see his eyes darken for a moment before they go back to their normal brown color.

"I'm not hungry." I whisper as my eyes trail back to the room. Now I'm not so sure if I want to give birth. It sound extremely painful, and I don't like pain, not at all.

"You need to eat, if not for yourself, but for the little pups growing in your stomach." I sigh as my hands cup the bump on my lower stomach. Everyday I wish to feel some sort of sign that there is life in there, but everyday I am greeting with only silence, of course I know that they probably won't be able to kick for another month, and they can't talk until after they are born. I just don't want to be alone. The feeling of being alone is almost as bad as the feeling of being rejected. It's wrong, and it leaves a nagging pain in your heart, your heart that is begging to be given to someone, but is always upset when the next person leaves.

"Okay." I whisper as I stand up. Uriah quickly stands up and leads me down to the kitchen where he already has dinner cooked and set down on the table.

"You didn't have to do this, I probably would have just eaten a jar of peanut butter and some pickles." I mutter embarrassed as I scurry to my seat. Uriah smirks at me before pulling out a jar of peanut butter and a jar of pickles.

"You can have them after you finish all of your food. I know you are hungry because all you've had today is breakfast, and even then you only had some fruit and yogurt, that isn't enough for a person pregnant with quadruplets." I grumble as I take my first bite of the steak he had made. I'm glad that it isn't well done, because I like the juices oozing out when I eat it, I feel like it gives the steak more flavor.

It's only a matter of minutes before I have the huge plate into my stomach and half of the pickles and peanut butter gone. Even though I really am hungry I can still hear Julian's screams echoing through my head.

"You don't need to worry about the pain." Uriah comments quietly from where he is still earing his dinner, far more slowly then I did.

"It sounds like it hurt a lot though, and he only had two pups, I have four." I grumble as I stab my fork into the pickle before dipping it into the peanut butter. I crunch down on the pickle angrily as I think about all the crap I have to go through because I let a man into my head and let him use me for his own pleasure.

"I know that. But when you hold your pups for the first time, nothing will ever be the same. You'll recognize instantly as your own, and you'll never forget them, even when you die because you'll always hold them close to your heart. It might hurt when you are giving birth, but the outcome is far more beautiful than anyone could ever think." I stared at Uriah in awe. I never knew he could be so passionate, expecially about something that revolves around  me and my happiness. I know he was sent here to keep me safe, but I never really understood why he has stayed. If he wanted to keep me safe he didn't need to hover around me all the time, but he does, and everytime I see his face, or hear his voice, it sends a flutter deep in my chest that makes me wonder what he truly means to me.