Chapter Twenty-Nine

I don't know how long Darren and I are staring before I hear shouting coming from the house. I tear my gaze away from the eyes that use to haunt me and look at who is shouting.

Samspon's is swearing and he races across the yard to where we are before tunring and growling at Darren. I don't know what part of me is reacting, the man I am now, or the boy who fell for Darren's charm not so long ago, but I want to reach forward and smack Sampson I'm the back of the head for being rude to my mate.

"What are you doing here on my land, Mutt?" Sampson snarls as he looks at Darren with obvious dislike. I have to once again hold myself back from attacking my uncle for attacking my mate.

"I've been looking for my mate, seems as if I found him, this is probably the first place I should have looked, family is a lot to him." Darren asks in a monotone voice that makes me frown.

"Where is your father?" I ask as I step out from behind Sampson, he growls at me before trying to push my back gently, but I gold my ground.

"The hell I should know." Darren scoffs as he shakes his head with as small smile.

"But you're the alpha, doesn't he have to know you're here, and don't you need to know what is happening with the pack." Darren smiles at me softly while shaking his head sadly.

"No, I gave my alpha position to my sister, she was first born, it was meant to be her's, I never was meant to be an alpha." I gasp in shock as I look at him, he gave up his alpha position, why?

"What? Why? You seemed to be a good alpha." Both he and Sampson smirk as they listen to me.

"An alpha wouldn't have done what I did to my people." Darren said simply as he stared into my eyes.

"You weren't...."

"Stop it, Oliver. I don't want to hear it. I know I was a crappy alpha, just like my father was. I'm glad I'm no longer the alpha, and I'm glad I'm no longer around my father, I don't want to be what I was anymore." Darren cleared his throat before looking down.

"I regret everything I have ever said to you, or done to you." I feel a ping of pain, knowing he regrets having sex with me. "Because there is no way we could ever be what we could have been. And you don't have to keep saying false truths to try and make me feel better because I've come to terms to who I was, but I'm not that person anymore. I'm sorry for everything that I've ever done to hurt you, but I would really love a second chance." My breath catches at what he is saying. What about Uriah? He's my mate too, what's going to happen when they meet?

"I thought you didn't want me?" I ask instead as I look at him, really look at him. His clothes fall off of his broad shoulders awkwardly and his jeans look like a few sizes to big.

"That's the worst lie I've ever told." The words are enough to have me moving and into his arms. Sampson makes a noise of disagreement but I could care less about what he thinks.

I frown when I feel Darren's ribs poking into my arms. I pull away and frown up away him, noticing the dark black spots underneath his eyes.

"How you been eating and sleeping?" I ask as I pull away so I can look at all of him. He shrugs as he looks down at me with a frown.

"I'm not hungry, or tired." He says as he stares down at me with confused eyes.

"He's asking because you look like a walking dead man, who resembles a stick." I hear a voice behind me say. I turn and see Uriah standing there with a worried frown sitting on his masculine face.

Darren suck in a breath behind me as he looks at Uriah. My brain seems to click as I look between the two of them, all three of us are mates.