Junior Training.

"Clint, I'm going out for a bit. I'll meet you at base," Natasha called as she pulled on black jeans, a black t-shirt and a black hoodie. She flipped the hood up and slammed the door to the apartment.

She still sometimes wondered why she hadn't got her own place now that she had been with SHIELD for ages now. Maybe she just needed Clint's presence. She walked down to the park and sat on a bench, staring into space. 

Minutes later it began to rain, softly at first, and then like a flood, drenching everything. Natasha wiped the rain out of her eyes only for it to be replaced by more. She sighed and glanced at her watch. 8:57 a.m. Shoot. Three minutes.

She burst into the training room with no time to spare, startling the junior agents, Fury and Coulson. Clint just grinned at her.

"You look like a drowned rat," he teased.

"Nice to see you too, Barton," she muttered, pulling off her hoodie to reveal a darker patch on her torso. 

Clint narrowed his eyes. "What happened?"

"Later, Barton," Natasha grumbled. "We have agents to train." She faced the said agents. "Can you all swim?" There was a chorus of yeses. "Good. Now, for all the annoying times your flying ride is blown to smithereens, you will need to be able to swim in your clothes. Go. Fifty lengths. Do not take anything off."

A cheeky looking, pimple faced, early twenty year old grinned at her. "How often has this happened to you?"

"Very often. Now stop stalling and go," she demanded.

When they were all at least ten or so lengths in, Clint tackled Natasha to the ground. Or, at least, he tried. Natasha was already gone, watching the swimmers intently. While she was calling out helpful advice, Clint actually snuck up on her and pushed her in. 

"C'mon, Romanoff," he smirked. "Show us how it's done."

The agents stopped swimming in shock, surprised to see the water around her turn slightly red around her. Natasha grinned at Clint. 

"Only if you join me," she bargained.

"Sure," he replied, bombing in. 

The junior agents pulled themselves out of the water, shivering at the icy water. Natasha and Clint showed no sign of being cold. Not until they were well into it and were mainly trying to drown and splash each other. Currently, Natasha was being pinned underwater. They saw her bite Clint's arm hard enough to draw blood and he released his hold on her. Five minutes later they decided that they did have to train the agents so the swam over to the edge of the pool and jumped out.

"Shooting," Natasha said, shivering slightly and dripping blood and water everywhere. "I want you all to have good aim by the end of the day."

The agents had okay aim, but none of them hit the bullseye until Natasha corrected their posture. Clint sat down on the edge of the shooting range with Natasha as they watched the junior agents shoot.

"Are you gonna tell me now?" He asked quietly.

"No," she said, standing and moving away.

Clint scowled, but left it until the end of the training session. And then the next training session. And the next one. And then he left it until the end of the week. The junior agents were lined up in front of them, red faced, sweaty and covered in grime.

"Because we're nice people, you have one question each about what it's like in the field. Go. Simon, you first," Clint said.

"Are you two married, or at least dating?" Simon asked.

Natasha froze. So did Clint. 

"Um, yes?" Simon said.

"No!" Natasha yelled. "No, we're not dating, or married. And what did that have to do with field work?"

"Nothing, but I was curious," Simon admitted.

"Lovely. Peter, you turn," Natasha said.

"How close have you come to dying and how often?" Peter asked.

"Pretty often and usually not far away, but that's only because we ignore the mission rules and get everyone else out of wherever we're blowing up," Clint answered. "Beth, fire away."

"Why does everyone target around you two?" Beth asked.

"Because we were both major assassins for the bad guys before we joined SHIELD. I killed 753 people in six and a half years, once," Natasha said. "And then Clint found me, didn't kill me and brought me back to SHIELD. Nancy, go ahead."

"Why do you fight all the time but never change partners?" Nancy asked.

Clint looked at Natasha. "This was a bad idea."

"Yes, it was. We don't change partners because we wouldn't work well with them. Clint and I, we have special signals that mean different things so that we don't have to give away our spot. We would do something like, I dunno, a quick breath and a long breath and we'd know exactly what it meant whereas a different partner wouldn't," Natasha explained.

"Last question, Thomas," Clint grinned.

"Can you show us a real fight?" Thomas asked.

Natasha stiffened and glanced at Clint. They had a silent stare off until Natasha won. She got into her fighting stance and a challenge glinted in her eyes.

"C'mon Clint, where's your sense of fun?" She teased.

Clint drew back his fist and swung, not expecting to hit her at all. But Natasha lowered her hands and stood there as Clint's fist whammed into her cheek. They all stood there, completely unsure of what to do.

"Uh, why didn't you block that?" Clint asked.

"Oh, no reason," Natasha said. "Carry on."

Clint knew the answer anyway. She wanted to see if he would redirect or just hit her and not be a gentleman. They both got into their respective positions and waited for the other to make a move. Eventually Clint leaped forward. They knocked each other around for a bit, neither winning or losing. Then Natasha fingered her gun and smirked at him. Two bullets spun from the barrel and grazed Clint's shoulder and arm.

He stared at her in shock before sending an explosive arrow her way. She jumped out of the way and blocked her ears as a painful sound rang out. Clint fired arrow after arrow, mostly ones that played annoying songs or made messes and explosions. Natasha caught the next arrow and threw it back at him. Clint only just dodged it.

"What have I done?" Thomas whispered, staring at the assassins in shock. "I think they're trying to kill each other."

Natasha and Clint had reached the edge of the pool and were now wrestling. Accidentally they rolled into the pool. Spitting out water, they clambered out. Before Clint could move Natasha had a gun at his forehead.

"I win," she said simply.

They walked back over to the junior agents and gave them a big, wet, sopping hug.

"Good luck, guys," Clint said. 

Natasha nodded her agreement. "Have fun."

They all left at the same time, earning the junior agents impressed looks as Natasha and Clint were spotted dripping water everywhere.

"Nice job, you guys," Tony grinned, appearing from nowhere. "Did you push the two master assassins into the pool?"

"Stark, get back here!" Natasha yelled as she ran after Tony, catching him and getting him wet, too.