Running Through Fire Is Not A Good Idea Even If You Have Level Seven Clearance

An explosion shook the ground and the entrance to SHIELD headquarters went down. People screamed and ran outside, only to be stopped by a line of fire. The Hydra agents fired another missile and blew a hole in the side of the building. Five minutes later and all SHIELD agents were assembled outside, trapped, one side a blazing inferno and the other a half demolished building unsafe to enter. 

The Hydra agents grabbed the stolen information and ran. Natasha twitched and moved, too restless to do anything but. As she watched Hydra get further and further away, she made a split second decision and moved forward only to have Fury catch her arm.

"Romanoff, don't you dare. It's a suicide attempt," he warned.

"I'm not dying today if I can help it. I'll be fine," Natasha said, wrenching her arm free and sprinting towards the fire.

Without hesitation she leaped through it, feeling the burning tingle it gave her. Once safe from the fire on the other side, Natasha put out the flames and ran after them. She found Hydra still running so she fired three shots, hitting a man in the lung, another in the head and the last in the thigh. The other two men took all the information and ran faster, leaving their companions behind. 

Natasha killed them and fired at the first man, a short stocky blonde man who could pack a punch but couldn't fire a gun. The bullet hit him in the side, making him stagger and drop the info. Another shot in the head had him collapsing to the ground, dead. She didn't muck around with the last man; a simple shot to the heart and he was gone.

Natasha gathered up all the fallen info as well as some of theirs and ran back, as fast as she could. She burst back through the fire with her clothes ablaze. She opened her mouth to speak but two people had gotten fire extinguishers and doused her with them. When it turned off she glared. Covered in foam and water, she handed the info over to Fury.

"Next time only get one and one only," she said. 

Fury grinned. "You'll live. And watch this." He pulled a remote from his pocket with a big red button on it and pressed it. 

The SHIELD base shuddered and creaked, flipping over. Because without anyone knowing, Fury had made two SHIELD bases, the bottoms of each attached. Only now they could build basement levels without worrying. Fury destroyed the remote and opened the door to let everyone in. The only difference was that it was new and had no rust or bullet holes or bloodstains. All the computers were the same, just glued to the desk like how the furniture was bolted to the floor. The glue and bolts were destroyed and it was just like the old SHIELD base. Except this one was better.

Fury walked in last, beside Natasha, making sure she went to Medical. Hill came over and took her from him.

"I got it, sir," she said. "We'll make it to Medical with no troubles."

Fury nodded and walked away to his office, only to order a whole shipment of pens, highlighters, staplers et cetera. 

Hill walked down the hall to Medical, Natasha beside her. At Medical the nurses scowled at Natasha and said, "can't you look after yourself for once?"

Natasha grinned and said, "I try."

"Alright, Romanoff," Doctor Lewis said. "Off with the shirt."

Natasha scowled at her but did as commanded. Doctor Lewis examined the burns, applying a salve meant to take away the pain. She bandaged them up and then told Natasha to take off her pants as well. Natasha tried, only the burns stuck to the fabric and it hurt. Doctor Lewis cut the material away and put the salve on and bandaged the burns. Natasha was given a pair of loose red cotton shorts to put on and a black SHIELD T-shirt. Her feet were only burnt on the surface so they were fine to walk on but not to wear shoes or socks. 

Natasha exited Medical with a jar of salve, spare bandages and a sense of relief that SHIELD wasn't lost.