Just Shut Up, Clint

Natasha walked out of the gym. No one noticed her leave. No one thought to stop her.

Clint stormed out of the gym a few minutes later. Everyone move out of his way. No one dared stop him.

Fury knew something was wrong when he was alerted by several terrified doctors that Agent Romanoff was sitting peacefully in the corner of Medical, disturbing no one and saying nothing. He walked into Medical and was greeted by a hand covering his mouth and dragging him to the side. Turning to face Natasha he raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously?" he asked.

"You otherwise would've made a big noise and then C - you know what? I'm just gonna shut up and run now," she said.

"Why are you hiding from Barton?" 

"I'm not hiding, I'm avoiding." Then she was gone.

Fury sighed and turned to the Medical staff. "Well, she's gone now. If you see Barton, tell him where Romanoff is. The sooner they get this sorted out the better."

It took three days for Clint to find Natasha. He grabbed her arm and spun her round to face him. Natasha jumped and then ran.

Clint followed. He couldn't catch up, though, and so Natasha got away again. Clint decided to go to Fury. Coulson would laugh at him, Maria and Melinda would help Natasha, Tony and Bruce were busy being boring science buddies back at the lab, Steve was too much of a gentleman to be any help, Thor was away in Asgard with some matter that blew Clint's mind, but Fury, Fury would definitely help. 

As it turned out, Fury wasn't in his office so Clint sat and waited. Half an hour later Fury came back. "Sir, I really, really, really, really need your help. Natasha keeps avoiding me and I can't find her anywhere."

"You want the clearance to all the security cameras, don't you?" Fury said.

"Possibly, but if not I'll just hack into it," Clint said.

Fury snorted. "You have today and tomorrow to find her. Then you'll have to hack."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Clint grinned, running out the door.

Natasha watched from the vents. She drew in a sharp breath, quickly pulling herself into the darkness as Clint looked up, but then he was gone. She crawled to the nearest exit and slipped out.

She was immediately surrounded by SHIELD agents, who yelled for Clint as loud as they could. Natasha realised she was in Medical. She watched as the door opened and Clint hurrie in, immediately spotting her. He glared. 

"Leave me alone, Clint," she growled.

"Oh yeah, that's right, no one can ever get close, can they. You always have to have no friends, spend your time alone, do everything alone. Well guess what, Tasha?" he said angrily, loudly. "I'm your damn partner and you can't get rid of me!"

"Wanna find out?" Natasha asked, fingers twitching.

"Everything's a goddamn mission to you. No fun, no friends, just targets and threats and weaknesses. What does that make me?"

Natasha glared at him as silence fell. "You're my partner. Who I told to leave me alone."

"Fine. Go and run. That's all you ever do, anyway. You ran from Russia, you run from me, you run from everything."

"Well I'm sorry for not being good enough for you." Natasha moved forward until she was right in front of Clint, glaring murderously up at him. "Maybe you should have thought about the consequences before you took a teenage assassin back home with you," she snapped. "I never asked to be here."