09

cuando nos volvamos a encontrar;

Estefania found herself dress in jeans, a t-shirt, and a sweater. Probably the only fancy thing she had on her was the Jimmy Choo beige booties on her feet. She had been working very late when she realized it was time for her date. She didn't even have to time to change so just arrived at the restaurant. She hoped Javier didn't choose a fancy place or was expecting too much.

When she arrived, he was dressed in a elegant black suit waiting for her outside of the restaurant with flowers in his hand. She gave an apologetic small smile when she reached him. "I'm really sorry Javier. I was running late tonight, and I didn't even have time to change. But don't think I didn't care about tonight, because I did, I do." She rambled.

A big smile spread onto his face, he stepped forward and gently grabbed her arms. His hands began moving up and down, making her calm down and also soothed her.

"Hey bonita, it's okay. Look if you're not comfortable going in it's fine. I was actually dying to go get a burger." He said, giving her a small wink.

"Javier I feel bad though," Estefania said as her voice became lower. "Look you dress up and everything. Gosh, I'm so embarrassed."

"Don't be. That just means you owe another date bonita. These are for you." He says handing over the bouquet of summer colored flowers. "I guess I can take this jacket off, roll up my sleeves and it'll all be fine."

Javier gave her another reassuring smile, and stuck his arm out. She gladly took it and they began making their way to a burger joint. It wasn't only but a block away, and it was definitely worth it. He said they served the best burgers ever, and just by walking inside she was amazed. They decided on sitting outside, were the weather was nice and cool, and the city was just getting into its night mode.

"So you're from Miami?" Javier asked, as their drinks arrived. Estefania shook her head no, while helping herself to some tasteful appetizers.

"My family moved here when I was three, were actually from Cancún, Mexico." She said watching his eyes light up.

"Well it's nice to meet you paisana, I am from Guadalajara." He said. "It's different meeting a Mexican here in a Miami. I find every other type of Hispanic here, except for my own kind."

"Well maybe that's what makes me special." She joked.

"Well you're awfully right." He said in response, not joking whatsoever. She looked down onto her lap, feeling all red and flustered.

"So what was keeping you so busy today? Were you staring off at other people's shirts and sweaters?" He made it his turn to joke with her. Estefania gasped and reached over slap his shoulder.

She was definitely not regretting saying yes to coming on this date. "I was actually working in my new boutique. It's opening in a few days and everything has been very stressful lately. I'm just ready for this to be over with."

"I bet you are. That's actually pretty amazing. I bet you've been looking forward to that ever since you graduated." He said.

Estefania laughed again. She pulled the loose strands of hair behind her ears, seeing as her baseball cap wasn't doing its job. "I actually haven't graduated yet, it's not until this June."

"Wow, really? That's even better, bonita you're opening a store independently and you're not even finished yet. I can tell you're a hard worker." He said with his eyes shinning while he spoke to her.

It really made her feel proud of herself, but brought back a little nostalgia. Inside she wished these words weren't coming from her date she was just getting to know, but instead from her father. She didn't want to show it was affecting her but it really was.

"Bonita, are you okay? Did I say something wrong?" He asked, seeing that she zoned out a bit in the conversation.

"No you're fine, it's just more stress in my head. Work follows me everywhere. I'm sorry." She looked into his eyes again, more deeply this time.

They were so beautiful, and green, which was low key her favorite eye color. Whenever he spoke, he spoke with delicateness and such politeness, it made her want to ask if he was really. But she found it amazing that he didn't care about anything else in the moment but her. He clearly wasn't kidding when he said this date was all he wanted, and she was happy it happened.

"Estefania," She spoke out of nowhere. "My name is Estefania Lozano."

He smiled again. My gosh that smile is so perfect, she thought to herself. He reached across the table and reached for her small hand. He brought it up to his lips and kissed it. "It's nice to meet you Estefania. Can I ask what made you decide to let me know you're name?" He asked.

"I like you. You seem to be a great guy Javier. A great guy who I want to know more about. And who I owe another date too, so I hope he likes me too." She said a little shyly, with her cheeks blushing brighter every second that passed by.

"Well, he does. There's no doubt about that bonita."