«09»

Once Paul left yesterday Penny felt better. Maybe not physically but mentally. He had warmed her heart when he skipped school just to hang out with her even if she was sick.

Paul wasn't hotheaded, selfish, or even a major douche. He was sweet, caring, and humorous. He knew how to make her laugh which was the key to Penny's heart. Anyone who could make Penny laugh was bound to be her next crush. Even if they were ugly, fore she wanted someone who could make her laugh like no one else could.

When Penny walked down the steps of her stairs she could hear a car honk going off knowing Paul was here to pick her up. Paul felt bad for Penny when Jake and Embry were still not talking to her so he told the blonde he would be giving her a ride from now on. Penny tried to refuse but Paul wouldn't let her.

As she threw open her front door Penny wasn't expecting to see Paul on her front porch with a smile on his face. Penny smiled back as Paul led her to his truck and even giving her a little lift which wasn't needed at all.

Penny's blush was noticeable once Paul entered his side and started driving towards school. Seeing Penny blush made Paul smirk knowing he was the only one who was able to do that to her.

"Did you eat breakfast?" Paul asked the blonde as he caught glimpses of her while he drove.

"Yeah I had an orange," Penny pulled an orange from her coat pocket, "Want one?"

Paul started to chuckle as he took the orange from the girl, "Thank you. And why do you have an orange in your pocket?"

Penny felt a bit embarrassed as she started to mess with the sleeves of her shirt. "Who said I only had that one." Penny looked at Paul and smirk as they made eye contact making him laugh harder now.

"Touché." Paul nodded his head as he pulled into the parking lot of the school and parked the car.

Penny saw Quil waiting for her at the steps of the school. She didn't want Quil seeing her with Paul for he was the only friend she had left from their group. Which was the only support she had right now besides from Paul.

Quickly getting out Penny fixed her shirt before she turned and looked up at Paul as he was smiling down at the younger blonde.

"Thank you for the ride so much Paul. I'm very grateful for the offer but I have to go right now." Penny ushed out hoping Quil hasn't noticed her yet.

Paul looked down at her a bit confused, "Why are you in such a hurry? Thought you didn't like school." He smirked making her blush once again.

"I have to go meet up with Quil and he's still not a big fan of you. Especially since Jake won't talk to us now which he assumes it has to do with you and your "cult"." Penny gave Paul a smile as she saw him stop smiling. "But it's okay I know it's not because of you. He's just sick or something."

"Yeah, he probs caught what's going around." Paul grumbled but he lightened up his tone. Pulling Penny into a hug he squeezed her tightly. "I'll see you later."

Pulling back Penny nodded her head and started towards Quil as the boy was growing impatient. Seeing the blonde Quil smiled and hugged Penny as she was giggling into his chest.

"How's it going Pen?" Quil asked. He looked over Penny's head to see Paul glaring at him. Quil only rolled his eyes and led Penny into the school towards their lockers.

"It's going good besides having a nightmare and being sick." She shrugs while opening her locker door and grabbing a few books. "How about you Ateara?"

"Oh, I've been better but what's up with the nightmare? You haven't had a bad one since you were ten." Quil questions not fully understanding what could make Penny so scared. She rarely ever had nightmares so hearing this was a big surprise.

"I don't know, apparently I was able to speak to animals and it started hurting my head and all I remember was passing out. But it's still a bit foggy." Penny grumbled as she blew a piece of hair out of her face.

Slamming his locker shut Quil turned and looked at the girl with a smile on his face making her confused.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She questioned her curly hair friend. Quil had wiggled his eyebrows at his friend.

"Because a special someone is having their birthday in two days and she's turning sixteen." Quil squeezes her cheeks making Penny smile bigger than she ever did before. How could she forget her own birthday?

"I totally forgot. Oh my gosh!" Penny squeeled catching Paul's attention from across the hall. Paul eyes instantly landed on Penny as he could see her walking and giggling with Quil making him growl in protest.

He knew once Quil shifted he would know more about imprinting but he hasn't shifted yet and had no idea. So right now Penny was fair game to Quil, making Paul angrier at the thought of Quil trying to take Penny away.

"You need to calm down. Quil sees her as a little sister plus that ship sunk during first grade." Embry clamped his hand on Paul's shoulder trying to let him calm down.

"Wait what do you mean that ship sunk? They use to have a thing?" Paul now fully interested on the whole Quil and Penny "relationship".

"Yeah Quil thought he liked Penny and he tried to tell her but he was too afriad and never did. Now she annoys him but as a little sister." Embry shrugs his shoulder as he started walking off to class making Paul follow after the shifter wanting to know even more.

Paul wasn't easily jealous and wouldn't consider himself the jealous type but knowing Quil use to like Penny bothered him. He knew Quil wouldn't dare steal Penny away from him, for Quil was afriad of him. Except he was afraid of Penny leaving him. Leaving him because she had caught feelings for her best friend. Paul knew it'll take awhile for Penny to actually start liking him but he was ready to wait.

He was ready to wait for Penny because she was his imprint. And he had fallen knees deep for her.

-------

Y'all been so sweet! I love reading your guys' comments so please do leave more.

I figured to do a double update today because you guys definitely deserve it.

AHHH! We're at 1K! I'm so thankful for you all.

Plus what should Penny and Paul's ship name be?