«23»

"Why don't you have green skin and worts covering your face?" Jared asks the blonde hair girl

"Why don't you have green skin and worts covering your face?" Jared asks the blonde hair girl. She had currently just told the pack about her being a white witch, and they were throwing out questions left and right.

"Do you fly on a broom stick?" Embry's voice was heard.

"Can you turn people into frogs?"
"Do you wear pointy hats?"

"Boys!" Emily had shouted among the group silencing their voices. The questions had soon ceased from the mother figure shouting at the boys. Sam had let a chuckle escape his lips when he notice Emily had silence the antsy boys. "I'm sure Penny will answer your questions one at a time."

Smiling gratefully at the young woman Penny talks finally, "My answer to all of those questions are a no, and any more ridiculous questions you have to ask is also a no."

"Well that's boring." Embry states while crossing his arms. Before Paul could smack the back of his head Penny had levitated a stick to smack him.

His hand had immediately went to the back of his head while his face held a shock expression. He looks at the girl seeing that she was holding a smirk across her face while levitating the stick in front of him with her finger.

"That's fucking awesome!" Jared had shouted while staring at the stick in midair with nothing but amazement. A proud smile was making it's way on the girl's face seeing that the pack was actually loving her powers and not fearing them.

"Penny." Sam's stern voice was heard. Her head had snap towards him making her loose concentration on the stick. "Nonna wants you to come home immediately."

"Sam I don-"

"She wants you home, now." Sam had cut the girl's voice off. Her smile was dropped into a frown knowing she was going to get yelled out for communicating with people again. She had broken all the rules her grandmother had set out for her.

"I'll take you home." Paul quickly says while grabbing his truck keys off the kitchen counter. Nodding her head she says a farewell to the wolf pack and Emily before heading out towards the truck.

---

"Call me later?" Paul had ask the girl hoping for her to agree. Nodding her head she leans over to press a soft kiss upon his cheek before getting out. A smile spread across his face from the sweet gesture.

"I'll call you later." Penny says before slamming the door shut. She had slowly made her way   towards her grandmother's house not really wanting to enter.

Her feet dragged along the grass pulling up a few as she went. Head looking at the windows she watches closely to see if Nonna was watching her, yet she was not. Once at the door she opens it up and walks in.

"Nonna?" Penny asks aloud wondering which part of the house she was in.

"In the living room." Her grandmother's voice shouts back. Penny slowly walks towards the living room wanting to take in every detail of her grandmother's house before she dies.

Once entering the small living room she walks over towards the couch where a cushion would be separating the two. Her heartbeat was beating so fast that doctors would think she was having a heart attack.

"I'm sorry Nonna. I know I broke a lot of rules, but I don't want to keep living like this," Penny immediately speaks up before her grandmother could, "I'm still part human being and I need to socialize with kids my age, even if they are part of the supernatural world."

"Penny, I gave you those rules to keep you safe and protected from exposing yourself to the humans. Last time our kind had expose themself a whole witch hunt went on and we had to move." Nonna sighs knowing that Penny could have gotten hurt, but she had heard of the marvelous attack she had done to the vampire. She had save not only herself but a human as well meaning she was more than capable of defending herself.

"I know how to control it though. I can control myself better than when I first started. Please Nonna, let me have my friends. I'll stay in homeschool but I need friends." Penny begged her grandmother. Her eyes were starting to glisten with tears.

"Only friends are the pack and that vampire lover. They both know the supernatural world enough to know what you are capable of." Nonna demands.

Smiling the biggest smile ever she wraps her arms around her grandmother. Happy tears had ran down her cheeks while she lets a laugh leave her lips from her happiness. Pulling away she wipes her tears with her free hands.

"Now tell me about your wolf." Nonna smirks towards her granddaughter knowing fully well that Paul had imprinted on her.

"He's amazing, wait no, he's more than amazing. He's perfect. He has these eyes that are just, wow, and his smile is, ugh, I can't even describe how perfect his smile is." Penny gushes out like a love sick teenager. She had a twinkle in her eyes whenever she had spoke about Paul and everyone could easily see it.

"Well it sounds like to me that you're in love." Nonna says.

"Is this what love feels like?" Penny asks wondering if what she felt with Paul was actually love itself.

"Yes dear it is." Nonna nods her head before speaking up again, "Has he told you about imprinting?"

"Imprinting?" Penny asks confusingly not knowing what that word had meant and why Paul would have told her about it.

Nonna's eyes widen before instantly saying, "Forget what I just said. I'm getting older by the minute and I say crazy words. Pish Posh."

Penny had gave her grandmother a questionable look not understanding why she was acting the way she was at the moment. Nonna had quickly look away only to open up a book that sitting beside he,r acting like she was suddenly more interested in reading than talking to Penny.  The young girl had made a mental note to ask Paul later on about imprinting when she gets the chance to.