«12»

"Do you think you can drop me off at Nonna's house, please?" Penny asks Paul as they just got done with school. Penny wanted to talk to her grandmother about her current nightmare hoping she might know how to make it go away.

"Of course I can." Paul nods his head forgetting that he was suppose to keep Penny away from Nonna's house. Sam didn't alpha order him, he just asked Paul to keep Penny away while Sam was visiting but it was obvious he had forgotten. Plus he couldn't say no to his imprint especially when she asks nicely and look as adorable as she did.

Paul takes a left before driving down the road towards her grandmother's house. Everyone in La Push knew exactly where Nonna lived since she would always hold bake sells at her house. Nonna was an elderly woman who loved her community more than herself. She would always raise enough money for the school to get new uniforms or even to have better bathrooms.

"You never told me what really happened at lunch." Penny says as she watches the forest past by her in a fuzzy blur due to Paul's intense speed.

Paul had tried to tell her that he was just upset at something Jared had said earlier but that confused Penny,  because Jared didn't even say anything close to being mean enough for Paul to get that worked up at. Plus Jacob and all the boys were outside with only shorts on and no shirts except for Jared and Paul who only wore shirts. When Jacob had said he was too sick to even go outside or hang with her and Quil.

Then there was Sam Uley who had shown up on the school's property when he didn't even attend there which definitely confused the girl even more, but what made her angry was when Sam had the decency to tell Penny to go back inside. When the boy she cared about was outside in front of her shaking violently from rage and letting growls escape his sweet sugary plump lips. Sam had easily pissed the short blonde girl off very quickly when she didn't even remember the last time she had snap at someone like she did with Sam.

"Penny, don't worry about it really. It was just some easily bottled up rage that had exploded at the wrong time." Paul sighs leaning over to grab on her hand as he squeezes reassuring the girl he was fine. Penny wanted to believe Paul, she really did but she could feel a gut feeling telling her that he was lying.

"Paul, you know you can tell me anything even if it may hurt my feelings. I don't want you to bottle things up because it will only hurt in the end." Penny stares at the side of Paul's head as his lips slowly turns upward in a crooked smile. His eyes brighten in delight at Penny's words.

"You know, you're too good for me." Paul slowly says as he smiles at the road in front of him. The words Paul had said was nothing but honesty because Penny was too good for him.

Rolling her eyes Penny couldn't help but blush at Paul's simple words before she replied back, "Paul, you're the one too good for me and we both know it."

"Penny, I would simply love to argue about who is too good for who but we both know that I'll actually argue the longest." Paul smirks at her watching her roll her eyes once more at his words. He only chuckles in response at her action finding it quite adorable.

Penny was going to reply until she hears angry voices coming from her head once again. She simply looks around the forest seeing no one outside that could have claim the voices. Soon she closes her eyes and pinches herself once the voices start to become clearer.

She's getting away! We need to stop her before she reaches the cliff.

Penny shuts her eyes tighter and squeezes her own flesh of skin on her arm tighter.

I know you're knew to this but when you approach a cold one always go for the throat or possibly the head. Fastest way to kill one.

She's in the street, we need to kill her before someone sees her!