V

June 2, 2016

"Corey, did you get the bag with the flashlights." Beyoncé asked as she stocked the cabinet with nonperishable items. She had put all her frozen Items in the freezer and all the cool items in the fridge. Now she was finishing up the cabins with only ten cans left.

"Uh, I thought I did. Do you not see them?" He asked her holding more bags in his hands standing in the doorway.

"Not right off, how many more bags do you have?"

"Three more and the generator and that's all."

"Okay, just bring it all in and we'll look through them." Shawn nodded his head in response and went to unload the car completely.

Shopping wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. She had actually enjoyed herself around Shawn. They joked around and got to know each other just a little more. Beyoncé learned that Shawn was thirty two and enjoyed going to basketball games. He didn't have a team that he Preferred, he just enjoyed the skill and the game period.

Shawn learned that Beyoncé was twenty nine and loved painting when her mind was heavy. It was her escape when she needed to get away. It was something her mother taught her so she always kept it with her. She told Shawn how her mother would always paint with her and used it as tool to enhance her extra curricular activities.

Beyoncé, expressed how she missed painting because it really kept her calm. He wondered if it would be possible to take a class on the beach, he would surely look into it.

Shawn put the last of the bags down and went to get the generator. It was very heavy but he was strong enough for it.
*
*
*
"Is it working?" Beyoncé asked looking at him switch the button on and off on the generator.

"Yeah but we still want to save the energy just incase the storm comes." Shawn suggested.

"Okay,"Beyoncé said. For a while it remained quiet and honestly it wasn't a weird quietness it was soothing.

Shawn worked on the generator while Beyoncé just sat there and watched. It only took ten minutes before he was done.

"What are we eating for dinner tonight?" Beyoncé didn't hesitate in answering him.

"We missed lunch," Beyoncé frowned. Shawn laughed at how serious her face was. He could tell Beyoncé could eat.

"We could have a sandwich," Shawn suggested.

"Just a sandwich?" Beyoncé said.

"Dang greedy, it was just a suggestion you can have chips too," Shawn smiled and Beyoncé didn't. She hated being called greedy. Her ex-husband use to tell her she needed to lose weight all the time.

He would always say she was greedy and that she eats and looks like a cow. It would hurt her so much.

Flashback

Months later after being discharged from the Hospital. Beyoncé found herself eating at the table with Charles in the comforts of their home.

She had only moved back in a two months ago and so far it had been love. Of course he had gotten angry but he hadn't hit her so she was happy he was trying.

"How was your day babe?" Beyoncé asked him as she stuffed the oven roasted chicken in her mouth. Lately, her appetite had been expanding and she couldn't figure out why.