XV

July 15, 2016

"What is something you like?"

"Are you serious? Food! Duh," Beyoncé answered and Shawn laughed.

"What is something you like?" Beyoncé asked him.

"You," He smiled making her blush. He always had her blushing.

"What is something you hate?" Shawn asked Beyoncé.

"I hate rich people," Beyoncé said dryly and Shawn gulped. They were out eating at some place it was a grand opening so they decided to try it. This topic was something he dreaded. He didn't like when people wanted him for his money but this was way worse. She hated people with money.

"Why?," He asked with a frown.

"My Ex-husband was rich. My father loved it because he could get money all the time. I hated it because he used it against me. He never wanted me to work or anything. My father has a gambling problem and he put himself in so much debt. There were time my father would guilt me into staying with Charles because he needed a bill paid."

"All rich people aren't bad though," He said trying to convince her.

"They are from my experience." Beyoncé said shrugging her shoulders.

"So answer this, if you ever met a rich man would you date him if you really, really liked him?" Beyoncé didn't waste time shaking her head no.

"Hell No, It's not something I want. I want a low-key life where I don't have to worry about status or even being invited to parties. I want to work for my own money and have my own accomplishments. So if things don't work out I have something to fall back on. But enough about that what's something you hate?"

*

*

*

"Hello," Beyoncé answered the phone sleepily. She was not feeling her best. She was completely drained and wanted some sleep.

"Ewe you finally answer my calls and you answer like that?" She heard Nicki's voice come over the phone. She groaned not really wanting to talk to her right now.

"This is not a good tim-" Beyoncé stopped talking, dropped the phone and rushed to the restroom. She had been sick all night and it was draining. Shawn had been helping her and she was grateful but she really didn't want to be sick. She had a bad case of food poisoning. She and Shawn went to a restaurant that was newly opening so she thought why not eat there. She had a steak and it was delicious Beyoncé knew that it was the steak that had her sick though. That was the only thing that she ate. She boxed up her sides because shortly after eating she started to feel sick.

"Bey!" Nicki yelled over the phone but Beyoncé didn't answer. Beyoncé hovered over the toilet puking her brains out.

"Hey, She'll have to talk to you later," Shawn said and hung up not really caring about who was on the phone. He had been taking care of her since she started feeling sick. It only took about 30 seconds for Shawn to be right by her side after he hung up. He started rubbing her back and whispering that she was going to be okay.

She was done after a while and instead of letting her walk he swept her into his arms and carried her to the sink. He helped her brush her teach and rinse her mouth. After he was done he started taking her clothes off and she protested a little.

"No Corey I don't want sex, I want sleep." She recited with her eyes clothes and Shawn Chuckled a little.

"You're not getting, either right now Bey." He said as he left her sitting there. He prepared her a bath so she could get cleaned up. She sat on the counter dosing off and he laughed. When the water was done he went to her and she wrapped her arms around him by instinct.