XVII

July 25, 2016

Shawn sat in an interview for the Essence magazine. He wanted to get this over with as soon as possible so he could bury himself in some extra work. He found himself doing that since he left Beyoncé in the Bahamas.

His sister had been trying to get him out and about but he refused most of the time. He just saw no reason to anymore unless it was for business moves.

"So we've seen you around with a New woman is she the reason you cancelled your wedding?" The lady conducting the interview asked him.
Her name was Silvia and she was planning on asking him just about everything. She was huge fan of his Ex and believe that black women should always stick together no matter what. So In her eyes Beyoncé broke that code.

"No, she's not. I met her after I called the wedding off." Shawn replied.

"Why did you call your wedding off?"

"Does it matter?" He asked. He really didn't want to do any interviews on Alexus. She wasn't worth his time and he wasn't going to pencil her in it either.

"To the people it does."

"Well to me it doesn't so move on." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"So what's your new girls name?" Silvia asked with an attitude and Shawn rolled his eyes.

"She not my girl, she's a lady." he said in a nasty tone.

"No need to get upset I'm just calling it like I see it. Only a real woman knows to keep you legs close to men that are taken." This interview was no longer professional and Shawn wasn't having it.

"I don't know if this is your first job or what. But you're very disrespectful. She's a lady that had nothing to do with my breakup. She didn't even know who I was until I left the Bahamas. I understand you're an advocate for woman and you love to 'sis' this and 'sis' that but check your 'sis'" she slept with my brother for years and and that's why I called off the wedding. There's your exclusive sis I'm out." He said removing the mic and the adapter from his body.

The media had been portraying something that didn't sit well with him and now that the cat would be out of the bag he felt like he could live his life. He had one more thing to handle and he would be good.

*

*

*

"You know my sister been crying right?" Derrick said to Shawn.

"Well maybe she'll get her act together this time." Shawn said. They were at his home talking business. Shawn and Derrick connect with each other right after the Bahamas. It was Shawn's way of getting help when it came to Beyoncé.

"Aye that still my sister!" Derrick said laughing.

"I'm just playing but you got everything right?"

"Yes but you sure about this? It might not go over to well." Shawn was sure he wanted her and he'd go beyond just to have her.

"I'm sure it will."

"How can you be so sure?" Derrick asked. He's known his sister and things like this she hated.

"I just am."

"You better be glad I like you otherwise I'd kick your ass for making her cry."

"She made me cry first though. I promise she had me in my feelings when she said 'don't make this harder than it had to be' man I was a little bitch."

"Woman will do that."

"Tell me about it."

"I think she'll like it."