XVI

July 17, 2016

"You can't control what the heart wants." Nicki told her.

"But I can control what the heart can have." She replied hanging up.

"But you can't control what my heart wants or what my heart can have." She heard a familiar voice and she wanted to cry. He heard everything, that she'd told Nicki.

"Corey-"

"My name is Shawn Corey Carter. I don't have a low key life. People take pictures where ever I go. Here's the front page of today's new paper. It's me and you and the talks of a lawsuit. I'm a millionaire who couldn't even buy his mothers love. My family only keeps me around for my money. My previous girlfriend cheated on me with my brother. My mother has been lying to me since I was born. I just found out through the media that my father wasn't my father. My family is suing me for ownership of my 'fathers company.' The woman I'm in love with doesn't want to be in love with me. The Woman I'm in love with is planning on leaving me but I just have to say this. I guess this is what comes with the life of Shawn Carter. I've been there for you, when you cried, when you were sick and when you needed me. I love you, I'm in love with you. The least you could do is tell me to my face that you don't want to be with me." He said sadly.

Today had been a rough day and to top it off Beyoncé was planning on leaving. He had hopes that she could make thing change for him but he was wrong.

"Corey I'm sorry but don't make this harder than it has to be." She said and his face dropped even more.

His eyes watered and a tear slipped out. Shawn pursed his lips and nodded his head. He rarely cried but this, it really hurt him. He opened up to her told him things that he'd never told anybody and she still rejected him.

"I was willing to give it all up. I was willing to have a low key life for you. I was just going to hand over the company and let my family do whatever they wanted. Just so I could give you what you wanted. I did a lot and you'll never know because your past relationship has you that scared."

"Corey-"

"It's Shawn to You Beyoncé. We are through."

"Shawn please just understand-"

"I do that's while I'll leave and you can stay." He told her before turning to walk out of her room.

"Shawn!" She whined as she began to cry.

"Shawn!" He continued walking not bothering to answer her. He was going to call his pilot and head home. He had no reason to stay here anymore.

"Shawn!" She yelled following him. He reached his door and closed it right in her face causing her To start crying.

*

*

*
3 Days Later

July 20, 2016

Beyoncé pulled her luggage out of the airport and stood outside waiting in her ride. Derrick was suppose to be picking her up but he sent Nicki instead.

Nicki pulled up and got out of the car giving her a hug. They didn't really have anything to talk about on the way to Beyonce's house because they both knew the conversation could swing either way. Nicki would glance at Beyoncé every now and then making sure she was okay.