Chapter 65

But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again – Taylor Swift

Jayde was at the precinct going over a case involving a 12 year old boy who was being molested by his stepmother. It was an unusual case and everyone treated lightly. The victim had disclosed the abuse to his father who refused to believe that his wife could sexually abuse his son. "No matter what, he's a minor and she's not. It's still statutory". Rafael looked at her and she knew exactly what he was thinking. "But we still have to prove it".
He smiled. "You know me too well".
"You'd think after being married to you for six years, I'd learn something about you".
Everyone laughed. "Nice to have you back, Jayde", Rafael told her.

As they wrapped up their meeting, Jayde saw her girlfriend waiting for her. She gave her a smile. Everyone looked at Jesse and smiled. "I need more", Rafael told her.
"I'll talk to him but he's reluctant". They all walked back to their desks and Jayde went to her girlfriend. Fin asked if she was going to introduce her to them. "Sorry Fin. Not today".
"You think we're going to interrogate her? Read her Miranda rights", Olivia teased.
"Then you would have to lock her up for being beautiful". Jesse laughed and they left after Jayde grabbed her stuff.

"Who was that?" Olivia looked at everyone.
"Jesse. She's a hairstylist and Jayde's girlfriend. I set them up", Amanda told her.
"She's beautiful", Sonny said.
Amanda laughed. "Sorry but if you couldn't tell, she has a girlfriend".
Sonny looked at her and shook his head.

When they got outside, Jesse put her hand through Jayde's and she smiled. "So that's the squad?"
Jayde smiled. "That's them. I would have introduced you, but I don't want them tearing you apart yet".
"Yet? Thanks".
Jayde laughed. "I just mean they're kind of protective of me. They're my family".
"I get it". She kissed her.

Just wanted to let you know that Sonny has a crush on your girlfriend. – Amanda.

Jayde and Jesse were hanging at a coffee shop when she got the text. "Oh my god. Amanda texted me that Sonny, he was the tall skinny guy, has a crush on you".
Jesse laughed. "Did she tell him I only like girls?"

Omg. What did you tell him? – Jayde
That she had a girlfriend. – Amanda

Jayde laughed then read the text to Jesse who laughed. You should tell him that she only goes for girls and I'm not sharing. – Jayde

Amanda read the text back and laughed. "Jayde said that Jesse only likes girls and she's not sharing".
Fin laughed making Sonny blush. "You know we just like picking on you".
"Yeah I know".

As the girls were leaving, they ran into Rafael. He smiled at them as they walked towards him. "Can't get enough of me, Jayde?"
"Yeah, Rafael. We're totally stalking you".
He laughed to himself. "You know stalking is a federal crime?"
"Good thing I have a lawyer on speed dial".
"Really?"
"No, I lied".
He laughed and shook his head as they walked together. "Well I guess you have the honor of being the first person to meet my girlfriend. Rafael, this is Jesse", Jayde told him.
"Nice to meet you. Jayde is one of a kind".
Jesse smiled looking at her girlfriend. "I can tell. I'm very lucky". Jayde smiled.
"I was thinking of picking up RJ and Lucia after school on Friday and then bring them back home on Sunday", Rafael told her.
"That would be great. I'm not sure when Sonny's going to pickup Santana".
He nodded. "I'll text you. We should talk more about the case, too".
"I can come over tomorrow after I talk to him".
He nodded again. "I'll see you then. I better get going. I'm taking my mom out".
"Ooh. Have fun! Tell her I say hi".

After Rafael left, Jesse asked who they were talking about. "My kids".
"You have kids?" She looked at her surprised.
"Yeah, five. Two from my first marriage, two from my second and one from my ex-fiancé".
"Cute! What are their names?"
"Steven, Kiera, Rafael Jr or RJ, Lucia and Santana. Santana is our miracle baby. I wasn't supposed to get pregnant and the pregnancy was considered high risk".
"How come, if it's ok to ask".
"It's fine. After I had Lucia, I decided that I didn't want anymore kids so I had my tubes tied after I had my second c-section but I ended up getting pregnant anyway. Since I had my tubes tied, there was danger for me and the unborn baby. She was born two months too early so she had to stay in the NICU".
"Wow, I'm sorry".

Dating Jesse was like a breath of fresh air, but she was still cautious about falling completely in love and getting hurt again. Every time she opened her heart, it was broken. Jesse saw that her girlfriend was quiet so when they arrived at her apartment, she went over to her. "Hey, what's wrong?"
Jayde sighed. "I love you, I'm just scared".
"About being with a woman? Hey, I understand".
Jayde shook her head. "About getting hurt again. Every time I fall in love, everyone hurts or leaves".
She listened sympathetically. "Amanda told me. "You're very brave, Jayde. Nobody should get their heart broken that many times. Will you give me a chance? I want to love you the way you deserve".
She thought for a second. "Yes".
Jesse kissed her happily making her laugh. "I'm going to call you Angel".
"Then you can be my Collins".
She laughed. "I would love to be Collins".

Live in my house. I'll be your shelter. Just pay me back with 1000 kisses. Be my lover, I'll cover you. So happy that this Angel found her Collins.