Hospitals and I have a Love/Hate Relationship.

I woke up to a blinding white light.

"Ouch." I groaned.

"Maria?"

I looked around and saw Peter siting in a chair next to my bed.

"Peter?" I questioned sitting up. "What happened?"

"What do you remember?"

I thought back on everything that had happened. What did happen? Suddenly I remembered.

"A bunch of thieves crashed my date." I groaned, flopping my head down onto the pillow. He chuckled flatly. His laugh sounded strange, so I glanced over at him. That's when I finally got a good look at his face. Circles darker than usual were plastered around his eyes, his eyes were red, and his usual glowing complexion was strangely sallow.
"Peter," I asked him, putting my hand on his shoulder. "Have you slept at all?" He just looked up at me. The look in his eyes said it all.

"It doesn't matter," he said, his sapphire eyes dull.

"Yes it does. How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Three days."

"Three days? You haven't slept in three days?" I asked. The door burst open and a nurse stepped into the room.

"Ms. La Bella, your awake. That's great! I'll inform the doctor. Mr. Pevince, I need you to come into your room so we can remove the stitches on your back." She said.

"Stitches?" I asked. Before Peter could get up, I turned him around so his back was facing me and yanked his shirt up. I gasped in shock. A deep, angry, red scar was running down his back from the top of his shoulder blade to the middle of his back.

"How did this happen?" I asked. Peter just shrugged.
"Peter." I demanded

"When I jumped out the window with you, I didn't clear it all the way, so a piece of glass cut my back," he said like it was no big deal.

"Peter, I told you not to block me! I would have been fine!" I scolded him.

"It's nothing. I've been through worse." He said, and turning toward the nurse, he asked, "How long will it take?"

"Only about 15 minutes." She replied.

"Can I come back here afterwards?"

"I don't know...." she trailed off.

"Please?" he said giving her the puppy dog eyes. She tapped her her shoes on the floor impatiently.

"Fine."

Peter turned to me again. "I'll be right back."

I gave him a little half smile. "I'll be here."

I woke up to the sound of my door being opened. Peter walked slowly through the door and flopped down into the chair next to my bed.

"You must be really tired to have been out for three days and still be able to fall asleep." he joked halfheartedly. I look up at him, then sat my bed up slightly using the remote.

"You must be exhausted considering that you carried me out of a burning building and didn't sleep for three days." I told him, my face serious.

"It was no big," he paused to cover up a yawn, "deal."

"Peter. Your exhausted. Go back to your room and get some sleep." I said.

"I'm fine. I just need to rest my eyes for a minute." he sighed putting his head on my leg. I lifted up my hand, then hesitated. What if.... no. Your being stupid. I gently placed my hand on his head and began stroking his golden hair. In a matter of seconds he was asleep and breathing smoothly. Hmm, I thought as I drifted off to sleep. Who said nothing good ever happens... in... hospitals...

"Maria," Peter gasped, and finally managed to stand up. The Tomb was filled with dark torchlight. The tan boy with black hair pounced on Peter again and stabbed him in the stomach with a crystal staff. Peter clutched his silver armor and dropped to his knees.
"Peter!" I cried in anger, trying to claw my way free from whoever was holding me to get to Peter.
The tan boy looked up from Peter to me, smirked, and began to walk towards me. Dropping the crystal staff, he waltzed toward me with an evil look in his eye.
"Peter!" I screamed, but this time out of fear. The tan boy's look in his eye that was cold, strange and unnatural.
"Get away... from her!" Peter threatened, trying to stand up, but failing. The boy continued to walk my direction with confidence. The person holding me snickered as the tan boys smirk grew larger, with Peters blood glittering on the discarded staff. A lion roared in the distance.

"Peter!" I screamed, bolting up in the hospital bed, drenched in a cold sweat, tears running down my face.
"No, no, no, no!" I cried putting my face in my hands. Peter jumped out of the chair, sat on the bed, and wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Maria, Maria it was just a dream, it was just a dream. It's ok." he said. I cried silently for a moment, then picked my head up.

"What time is it?" I sniffed.

"It's midnight, on the dot." He said. He scooted backwards.
"Are you ok?"

"Ya." I sniffed. "Ya I'm ok. It's just a," sniffle, "nightmare I've had the past few nights."

"You want to talk about it?" he asked, concern filling his features. I thought about it for a moment.

"No." I deiced, "to embarrassing." He looked at my with those big blue eyes and I almost reconsidered.

"Ok. Even though you don't want to talk about it, just know I'm right here." he said getting up. He began to head to his room. Suddenly, I began to panic.

"Peter!" I called and he turned around. I hesitated. "Will you... will you stay with me?" I whispered. He slowly turned back around, and with his eyes never leaving mine, moved the chair closer to my head, and sat down.

"Of course." he said, his hand stroking my hair as I began to drift off to sleep.
"Always."