Chapter 13

Hikaru laughed while reading a comic book. Different varieties of snacks were scattered around, as well as his books and notebooks, it was clear he is lazing around his room, taking advantage of the time his tutor is away to escort his supposed to be grandfather, father, and his grandfather's friend to the airport.

They left without even saying a single thing to him.

He knew his father was still angry for what happened last night. His grandfather himself hadn't spoken a word to him after that and every time he looked at him, all he would see in those old eyes is disappointment.

He hadn't get along with the other two either.

Coyote, was it?

Well, he would always express his disapproval of him while the other would keep silent, showing that he doesn't like the him in his own way. The silent guy promptly left the next morning, apparently searching for another way to contact the hacker once again and ask for another chance, as ordered by his grandfather.

He recalled the week of punishment he got from his demon of a tutor.

//Flashback://

"REEEBBORRRRNNN!!"

Reborn looked down on his student from inside a helicopter, "Have fun in the wild, Bakaru, I'll be back when you're on the verge of dying"

Hikaru looked with wide eyes as his tutor left him in the middle of the forest with nothing. "REBORN, YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!" he yelled but was too late.

He gritted his teeth and roughly shoved his hands in his pockets, a sign whenever he's angry and irritated. He blinked when he touched something, he took his hand out of his pocket with the item, revealing a piece of paper.

Actually, I can. Stop complaining cause it's getting you nowhere. -Reborn

Hikaru's face paled. He jumped when the bushes surrounding him rustled. He cautiously looked over his shoulders only for the colors to leave his face at what he saw.

"T-TIGER!!"

And so began his hellish week.

****

Small shoes appeared in his line of sight, he weakly looked up and saw the face of the devil who put him through hell all week.

The demon wasn't lying when he said he'll be back when he's on the verge of dying.

Reborn studied his student's state with indifference, his clothes were now ripped here and there and his hair was filled with twigs and leaves. His face was barely recognizable due to the mud and dirt and he was barefoot.

"You okay, Bakaru?" he asked innocently, tilting his head.

Hikaru glared at the baby, "I almost died because of you!!"

Reborn merely raised a brow, "If you look hard enough, you'll find bushes full of berries and trees full of fruits and there are clean small lakes around for you to bath at or to drink water." he stated.

"And why didn't you fucking tell me that before!!?" Hikaru accused.

"I have no obligation to tell nor explain to you, besides, this is your punishment for messing up the meeting" the baby replied simply.