2

"General Grey sir! She's the only one we've found. She claims that if she stops what she's doing that the complex first then the world will be destroyed." The same soldier that ordered her to stop explains to the general as he walks in.

"Then perhaps we should help her? Get techs in here now!" General Grey orders.

"Don't touch anything!" Ariele warns as the general walks over to her. "That bitch the queen had all the controls coated with a poison. If you touch it with your skin you will die."

The general smiles humorlessly at the young woman working so feverishly, "But what about you? You've touched it."

Ariele finishes and manages to say before passing out, "That's how I know."

General looks down at the now unconscious girl and wonders just what the hell he's supposed to make of her. She had the chance to kill them all, all she had to do was let the bomb go off but instead she just tried her best to save them all.

"Take her to the infirmary and have the techs make sure that the bomb is disabled if that girl dies and she didn't finish than our planet dies." Grey does believe the girl on that. The Aelven are known for their nastiness and since they are cornered it's very possible they would take everyone with them.

"And find out where those damn Aelven are. They didn't just disappear off the face of the earth, they have to be hiding somewhere!" The soldiers give him a salute as they call for medics to come get the girl.

Grey studies the girl before the medics get there. She doesn't look Aelven, she looks human and that worries him. If she is the only one left it will all come down on her. He has to find those Aelven.

Grey kneels down by the girl as she moans. "Hold on there, help is on its way."

The tech's arrive before the medics and he instructs them about what was going on. "You'll want to wear gloves. The girl here says that things have been poisoned. Better double up, we don't know how potent that poison is or how easily it will go through the gloves." The techs nod and start gloving up. They are thrilled to be getting their hands on this technology. The Aelven were the most advanced in weaponry tech in the world.

Then they start looking over the console and where the girl was working. They sit back, look at each other then turn back to the impatient general standing behind them. "Well?" Is all the general says.

"This is all completely different than anything we've ever dealt with sir. If she doesn't die we'd like a chance to pick her brain. We have no way of knowing whether she disabled it or not. We hope so." The senior tech says both excited and fearful.

The medics finally arrive and Grey instructs them to take the girl to the infirmary. They don't look hopeful. Her vitals aren't good and her breathing is becoming difficult. Grey hopes the infirmary can do something for this girl at least long enough for him to get some answers.

"Sir, we've found what looks like a user's manual or guide," says the senior tech.

"Well then use it!" Grey is getting more and more short tempered.

"We can't read it. I know two languages and bits of several others but this is a hodgepodge of what looks like ten languages or more. It doesn't make any sense." The tech says staring down at the book.

Grey just rubs his head this day isn't going very well. The only good thing is he hadn't lost any men.

"Sir we've found a steel door like ones banks use for their vaults," Grey receives a radio transmission.

"Where?" Grey demands. That might just be where those damned Aelven went.

"Just down the corridor from your present location sir," comes the reply. Grey doesn't wait any longer and leaves the control room and heads down the stone corridor. This part of the castle is old, probably part of the original castle first built when the Aelven came.