12

Well most have changed. He hasn't seen much change in Grey and he hasn't been around Taren yet. He knows that Taren entered this morning with Grey.

The trees that were planted yesterday have grown overnight from about six feet tall to over ten feet in height and he felt like they are welcoming him. Now he's seriously creeped out. How can trees be welcoming?

He stands outside of the vault waiting for Grey. A message comes over the radio and he can't hear it. He tells them to repeat but it's like his radio died. He's trying to get it to work and hits it against his hand when Grey comes up to him.

"Electronics don't work in here and the effect is spreading. Already the elevators don't work and now it seems that radios aren't working either. Soon all electronic devices will stop working." Grey worries about the computers shutting down and being unable to get the information he needs from them.

"You left your sidearm at camp? Good. Stay here I have to enter first and talk to people. Taren come with me." Grey says, they both have the proper clothing and plan on changing inside.

"This is getting to be a habit with you Grey, being out of uniform during work hours." Taren is only half joking.

"Can't be helped if I want to do my duty." They step forward and Taren's voice changes.

"General, you have returned quickly," the voice says.

"Yes, one of my most trusted men waits outside and would like to come in, but he doesn't have the clothing. I thought it might be better to get permission to enter before bringing him," Grey says dryly.

"You have news, news that distresses you." Taren/voice ignores the request.

"Yes, and I'll talk to you about it after I know if my man has permission to enter. He doesn't have any weapons other than knives." Grey knows that Jeshua likes to carry some knives for in close fighting, not that he gets to do much of that.

"Then he has permission. There will be clothing waiting for him by the springs," Taren/voice says.

"My thanks, I have need to share the news with those we left behind are they still at the springs as well?" Grey asks.

"Of course. We will await your news there," the voice leaves Taren.

"Man, that is freaking weird." Taren says shivering. "I'll go to the springs and wait for you there. Please don't take too long the females are liable to eat me alive for information." Taren is only half joking. Anna is well known for her ability to get information that she wants.

Grey just nods and heads out of the vault. "Jeshua. No comments, you have been granted passage here. Follow me and when I give you clothing similar to this put it on. Anytime you come in here you will wear this clothing or you might not make it out alive. This is no idle threat. Those that guard this place are very territorial. The clothing marks you as a friend. Without it you will be considered an enemy."

"What about the Aelven sir? They entered here, did they have the clothing?"Jeshua would like to go after the Aelven, but the immensity of the forest has him a little intimidated.

"No, I talked with the last surviving members of the Aelven this morning. They won't be long alive either." Grey says shortly. He doesn't like remembering the prince and the way he greeted Ari. He shakes his head. Why is he jealous? He doesn't want her so why should he care if the prince does?

They come to the spring and find Ari asleep by the poolside and Anna nearby. Taren is fending off Anna's questions and looks over to Grey in desperation. "Leave him alone Anna." Grey says. He spies the small bundle of clothes nearby, goes and picks them up.