6

The tech's hadn't adjusted the sound and the noise was loud enough to hear down the hall. Grey notices the whitening of her grip as they come nearer and figures he knows what the tech are watching.

He's a little sickened by what he sees and even more sickened by how some of the tech seem to be glued to the screen even as Ari is being raped. The general notes to himself those that seemed to enjoy the distress Ari is going through and those that seem sickened by it as well.

"That's enough. You have other work to do and don't need to be watching rape shows all day long." The techs jump up from the chairs they had been sitting in as they watched the monitors showing her humiliation. Ari can't look at any of them.

"Is this what you wanted to show me soldier?" Grey says to the one that called him down.

"Yes, sir. Once we found them some of the others wouldn't turn them off. And they ranked me so I couldn't do anything about it. I thought the videos would be necessary for a defense for the lady or something." The tech was miserable. He wished he'd never found the video files. What they did to the girl was still making his stomach want to heave.

"They will be used in her defense. Thank you soldier. You did the right thing." Grey says to the distressed man.

Another call comes in on his radio, "Sir, we've found the proper combination. We're going to open the vault now."

"I'm on my way. Wait until I get there." Grey orders then turns back to the soldier. "Burn these onto discs then destroy those files. I don't like how so many of them were glued to the monitors and cheering on the rapists."

"Yes, sir!" The soldier jumps into action to do just as Grey had ordered. It's his pleasure to erase such horrible things. It takes him several discs before he's done and he's violently ill before he finishes. He saw only parts of some things but it was enough. That the girl lived through all that he is amazed.

Grey goes down the corridor at his normal speed though he longs to run. "What are you going to do with me once we get there? Take me into the vault or leave me with those that will be playing guard for you?" Ari asks, she doesn't know how big it will be, obviously big enough for the Aelven to all enter. There were over two thousand of them, but she has no real desire to enter now.

Her question goes unanswered for they arrive and as soon as the tech see him they open the vault. Just then another spasm hits her so hard that she cries out and falls unconscious.

"Damn," Grey immediately feels for a pulse and is reassured by feeling it's rather erratic but steady beating. But he is vastly disappointed for now he won't be the first one to enter.

There are several soldiers standing by and he motions them to go in first. He picks up the unconscious girl and carries her. He can't leave her defenseless like this and he won't miss out.

Just a few steps in brings him to a stop. The men he had sent in earlier were spread out and pointing their weapons at him. Grey bites back the words he wishes to say as one of his men starts speaking.

"Who are you to invade our territory in foreign clothing and weaponry?" The man looks from Grey to Ariel. "What's wrong with the chosen one?"

Grey looks at his man like he's crazy but goes along with it. "We are chasing after the Aelven who have hunted and hurt us for centuries. They have threatened the very existence of this world and they have poisoned this girl. She is dying by their hand."

The voice that comes from his man takes on the tones of a female. "Bring her here." And Grey finds himself powerless to do anything else.

The man puts his hand on Ari and closes his eyes. Grey wants to protest but finds several guns pointing his way. Finally the man opens his eyes and steps back. "He speaks the truth. The queen of the Aelven has poisoned the chosen and has caused much more to be done to her as well. He chases evil beings of cores rotten and vile."