10

Now Anna is truly worried. Ari was half way in love with Grey yesterday, even after she found out they were cousins. Now she won't even look at Grey. Something happened last night and it wasn't Sheila or at least it wasn't just Sheila.

"Since the elevators are not working Ari which way do we go?" Grey asks.

"How did you get down there when you first came in?" Ari answers still without emotion.

When she feels the anger from Grey she doesn't push it any further. "The only way down are stairways. I'll have to walk."

Grey goes up to her side to offer her his arm as support and she walks forward as if she didn't see it and Anna supposes it's possible that she hadn't, but she knows that she damn well did.

Grey is angry but takes the hint and walks just behind her Taren offers his arm to Anna and she takes it.

Ari stays just a step in front of Grey and at first her anger sustains her but soon the pace is too fast and she stumbles. Grey catches her before she falls but still she refuses to look at him. She takes them the shortest way that she can, the sooner inside the vault the better.

Her energy starts leaching out of her far faster than it should and she starts stumbling even more. Grey mutters an oath and shoves the bundles of clothing at Taren.

Taren makes a wild grab for the bundles and manages to catch them all. Or he thought he did until a small bundle falls to the floor. Anna seeing his predicament leans over and grabs it.

Meanwhile Grey makes his own wild catch and manages to grab Ari before she actually hits the ground. She is barely conscious. Grey starts swearing under his breath and urges the other two to hurry. He knows the way now and all but runs through the corridor.

The two guards that should be standing guard were missing and the door is wide open. "Damn. Okay Taren leave the clothes and your sidearm by the wall and your radio as well and any other item that might have electronics in it that you want to keep.

"Anna hand me that small bundle. If there is anything you want to leave behind now is the time. No? Okay follow me into the rabbit hole then." Grey didn't even care if he messed up the Lewis Carrol quote.

Grey walks into the vault and within steps is met with the two guards that should have been standing guard outside the vault. "Once more you bring the chosen to us unconscious."

"We were on our way here when this happened. I don't know what happened to her, " Grey says respectfully.

The first guard comes up to Grey and Ari and lightly touches her. "Ah, pardon general. This time it is our fault. In our eagerness to grow and touch the sky once more we pulled to heavy from her life force. Get her to drink from the springs and dress her properly once there. We will restrain ourselves and grow at a more circumspect rate.

Even as the guard speaks Ari starts to come to. The guards inspect Anna and Taren. "They brought no guns in here, that is good general. But they are dressed incorrectly."

"Sorry, I don't have any extra clothing that is correct. And the female would be uncomfortable wearing what you gave Ari yesterday. She was not brought up as Ari was." Grey says thinking fast. There was noway Anna would wear that outfit. At least not in public. He hoped.

"Very well. Take them to the spring and appropriate attire will be found for them. Then we will take you and Ari to the Aelven, the group that was specified has been separated and even now waits for you to see them."

Grey bows low and leads the way to the spring making sure that Ari is holding onto his arm this time. To give her further support he has his arm around her back.