Ch.9

<Isaac>

I didn't know what to do. The boy I had been steadily growing close to was a vampire, and he had been working with the bad guys and killing innocents. That really should have made me hate him beyond belief and make any feelings I had for him crumble. It didn't. Instead, whenever I thought of him I had a ache in my chest that spread throughout my body.

The fact I didn't have anyone to talk with about it made things worse. Everyone was busy trying to find Scott and come up with a plan to stop the Alpha's and Stiles.

Another thing to make me feel guilty. Scott with the pack so we could be spared and yet all my thoughts were consumed by Stiles. Tears pricked my eyes and I sucked in a sharp breath.

Why did love have to hurt so much? Why did my life have to go to hell?

"Isaac?"

I gasped snatchin my head up to look a. Ms. Blake. Her face was smothered woth worry, and I just couldn't handle it. I jumped from my seat and raced out the classroom, pretending not to notice the stare of brown eyes watching me.

I ran down the hall, feet slapping heavily against the tiles. Why wouldn't this pain go away? Why didn't I take up Derek's offer or staying home today?

I found myself running into an empty storage closet. I slammed the door shut and cried woth my back against the cold wall. Then my brain started working clearly again and I began to panic. The room was dark and small. The walls closing in on me. My fingers grew stiff and cold as the dug into my jacket and my entire body froze.

A distinct memory of a freezer door slamming close and me being submerged in darkness shook me to the core. My breathing came out heavier. I needed to get out of here but as the darkness enclosed around me I wasn't able to move. My limbs woildnt work and I was forced to suffer.

Suddenly, the door was ripped open and light flooded in. The smell of Stiles wrapped around me. It smelled so good and comforting that I ran into had arms and gripped the red hoodie he wore. I shouldn't be doing this; showing weakness like this. Honesty, if he wanted he could rip my heart out and I wouldn't notice or care.

All I could think was I wanted comfort and he smelled like home.

Hands wrapped around my back and held me tighter. He was cold but I didn't care. Tears leaked from my eyes soaking the red fabric but he didn't seem to mind just tightened his grip.

"You're OK, Isaac. In here. You're OK," he whipserd softly against my ear.

My hands gripped tighter not wanting to let this moment slip from my grasp. Not wanting to let this moment stop. For one selfish, fleeting moment he wanted to freeze time despite the consequences just so he could hold onto this a little longer.

Stiles sighed. "I'm gonna help you. I don't care about the pack anymore. I just don't want to let you go."

"What are you saying?"

He sighed again. "I'm saying that I know none of you will be able to kill them but I can. I've grown accustomed to it so I'm willing to help you. Even if it means turning my back on the only family I've ever known. As long as you promise not to judge me on things that I had to do to survive."

I looked up and stared into his eyes. Could I promise that and keep to it? Could I really see him as anything other than a monster after knowing what he's done? Even if it was only for survival?

I closed my eyes and whispered, " I promise. As long as you don't break me anymore."

"I promise," he said leaning down and connecting our lips together. In that moment I realised that maybe I'd survive.

____
I'm actually really happy with this chapter. Also, sorry it took so long to update. I'm re-reading the Maze Runner series (because I want to give myself a heart attack with all the Newtmas feels) and watching the movies (because Thomas Brodie-Songster and. Dylan O'Brien are so adorable) and I kinda took a step back from this story so I'm sorry.

Also, when I finish with this book I'm thinking of making a Newtmas story but I haven't really decide on it yet.

Anyway enjoy this chapter, and yes I'm sorry for putting Isaac through so much but it will get better.