Feast for Two [Kings]

Thranduil sat down at his chair in the dining hall. The large table was half full of food and drink. He had his servants and cooks prepare a fine meal.

Thranduil knew right after he had spoken to the leader of the dwarfish company that he wanted Thorin. He didn't know why and he didn't know how. He just wanted Thorin. The heir to Erebor shall not leave his lands.

A few minutes ago, he had sent a few elves to fetch the dwarf king. He hoped that Thorin would be impressed by the selection of food that now sat on the large wooden table. He had requested his cooks to make lots of meat dishes and roasts; dwarves have a thing for meat after all.

Just now, Thorin was escorted into the hall. Thranduil noted the chains around his wrists and made a gesture to one of his kinsmen to remove them. Now satisfied that his prisoner was here in the room with him, he told the others to leave.

"What be it that you want?" Thorin had not sat down, but instead stood at the end of the table farthest from Thranduil. He ignored the feast that lay before him and stared across the room at his host.

"Firstly, I thought we could eat. You must be tired of cold rations from on the road, surely. Secondly, well.. Lets take one at a time?" Thranduil waved a majestic arm to acknowledge the food.

"One at a time? Can't your elven brain handle more than that?"

"Oh your humor would be better accepted if you sat and ate a few platefuls. Don't dwarves like to eat? If not, I was very misinformed."

"What of my company? Are they to eat as well?"

"Well, yes. I'll have food taken to them."

"Good food? As the likes of these?" Thorin now looked at the food that was set out, a hint of longingness showing in his eyes.

Thranduil sighed, "Why not?" He wanted to make Thorin feel comfortable here but now he's understanding that the dwarf won't accept luxuries if his friends aren't offered any.

Satisfied, Thorin sat down in the chair that had been set out for him. He glanced at the elf king uneasily and then at the food.

"Go on, it's mostly for you. Leftovers are no problem here, we just send them out for the wild animals to find."

Thorin thankfully dug in. He started with some beef and potatoes and then moved to some meatloaf and corn. He stopped eating when e realized Thranduil was watching him. He looked up and saw the elf's adoring eyes.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Thorin asked uneasily.

"Yes, later perhaps. I'm... Craving something different than what is set out on the table."

Thorin raised his chin, unsure if he should continue to eat. "What exactly are you hungry for?"

Thranduil answered so softly that the dwarf couldn't hear. Deciding that asking the elven king to repeat himself might come off offensive, he nodded slightly and dug into the food again.

Thranduil smiled, knowing full well that Thorin hadn't heard his answer. He was relieved that he said "dwarf" so low that the other couldn't make out the word. He admired Thorin. So much he thought it was unhealthy.

-A/N-
This chapter had more added to it because I had originally had a long chapter for you but Wattpad deleted about half of it. I'm sorry that you guys didn't get to see the original. I was quite proud at the time but then it vanished and I couldn't get it back :(