Royal

A/N

Second update today!

Here you are my lovelies, some Thranduil and Thorin. Not quite exposing yet :P

________________________

After Thorin had finished eating half of the feast, Thranduil asked him to walk with him. They walked outside and into the woods along a decent sized path.

No one was around and there were small elven torches leading their way. The path was a labyrinth of curves and crossings, Thorin was almost certain that they'd get lost.

It was silent out, other than the sound of Thorin's footsteps; a sound that he increasingly became aware of. Finally, Thranduil broke his pace and slowed. Seeing this, Thorin followed suit.

"What's on your mind dwarf?" Thranduil himself seemed to cringe at the harshness of how the word 'dwarf' came out.

"You ask me my mind yet you have imprisoned my kin."

They stopped wandering all together and now stood face to face. Thranduil looked down upon his captive and shook his head.

"It is a... Difficult position for me. See, I don't want to harm you. Truly, I even had my best food preparers set out a feast. All of which was off the record. The people of my kingdom do not think kindly of dwarves. That is why they sleep in cells. I could only treat one of you without it being noticed. You, being their leader, was the only logical choice." Thranduil gave a small sigh, "I wish it were different."

"Then make it different!" Thorin lowered his voice down again after receiving a warning glare from the elven king. "You are the king here, they should trust your word."

"They should, yes, but for many years they believed otherwise and now if I tried to change their thoughts, I would simply enrage them."

"Then you do not have their trust. In time, they will realize this and you will be overtaken."

"You think I don't know this?" Thranduil leaned down to Thorin's height. "That's why I have imprisoned your friends, Thorin. Do you understand now?"

Thorin nodded. He hadn't thought he would but he did. "So this, what is this? Why are you treating me so... So.. Royally?"

Thranduil straightened. "You are a king, aren't you?" A small smile played on his lips for a few moments. "Tonight, if it pleases you, you shall sleep in.. Royal.. Chambers. We will allow you to speak with your dwarf friends. Now, any requests while we head back?"

Thorin shook his head. He needed to speak with Balin. Surely he would be able to give advice on how he should react to Thranduil's odd kindness.

________________________