Morning People

"Your morning meal is ready Master Dwarf," an elf servant spoke from outside his room.

Thorin sat up in bed and realized that it was morning.  He got up and shivered as he went to the window and opened the heavy drapes.  The sun shone through and he heard a disapproving moan from the bed.

"Do, please, close those," Thranduil mumbled sleepily.

"And here I thought that elves were morning people," Thorin chuckled.

Thranduil stood up and the dwarf couldn't keep himself from looking him over.  The elven king noticed and smiled smugly at him.

"Oh, we can be morning people.  When we want to be."  He walked over to Thorin and pulled him in to kiss him.

"I don't want to be this morning," Thorin told him after they finished kissing.

"But breakfast is ready," Thranduil grabbed his clothes and started redressing himself.

A few minutes later, they were down in the dining hall where a big breakfast was ready for them.  Thorin sat down and began eating immediately.

"Now, I think we should start talking about our situation here," Thranduil said after watching the dwarf eat.

"Situation?"

"Yes, your kinsmen, for example.  And yourself as well."

"What are you thinking?  I don't suppose you could just let us go?"

Thranduil felt a small twinge of sadness from hearing that Thorin wanted him to let them all go.  If he let Thorin go, he'd fall back into the boring and never changing events of day-to-day life.  "No, I can't," he said a little more coldly than he normally would have.

Thorin was still eating and didn't really have anything to reply with.  They sat in silence for awhile until an elf servant approached.

"Your majesty, Legolas is here to see you.  Do you accept him?"

"Yes, yes, go fetch for him," Thranduil waved the servant on. A few moments later, Legolas came through the threshhold.

"Father," he bowed his head and then noticed that they had dwarfen company. 

"Legolas, this is Thorin, leader of the dwarf party," Thranduil introduced him.  "Thorin, this is my son and heir, Legolas. Greenleaf."

"Is that what it translates to?" Thorin muttered.

"I'm sorry?" Legolas didn't hear the whole statement.

"I'm pleasured to meet you," Thorin forced a smile.

Legolas nodded his head slightly and turned back to his father, "Tauriel, she's gone off.  I've sent two guards and they haven't been able to find her."

"She's always off to somewhere.  How long has she been absent?"

"All of this morning and possibly some of last night."

"Maybe she wanted to get out of here," Thorin suggested.

Both of the elves glared at him.  Thranduil stood and dismissed himself and his son.  After they left, Thorin sat alone with a table full of food.

"They're all just morning people," he sighed.