Rumors

(A/N)
Short filler. Very short filler. Sorry. But I do actually have a start with Thranduil and.. Wait, I'm not giving it away! Mwahahahahaha you have to wait!

Sorry, don't stop reading because of my villainous outbreak :)
So yeah; vote, comment, and/or follow!
________________________

Dwalin was surprised when the elf guards allowed him to be in the same cell as his brother. Everyone else had been separated, even Fili and Kili. Granted, it was one of the bigger cells. Perhaps they didn't have enough cells to give them each their own.

He sat down by the door. Balin was leaning against the opposite wall further into the little crevice in the rock that the elves used as a prison. He looked over to see Ori sitting in a similar position near his door. His head bobbed and the younger dwarf fell asleep.

Dwalin took another look at the rest of the dwarves he could see. They all seemed to be resting their eyes like Ori had. Two elves were walking through their round. They were talking quietly, obviously thinking everyone was asleep.

"Isn't there supposed to be thirteen captives?" One asked. Dwalin assumed he noticed Thorin's absence.

"Our lord has requested one to be kept elsewhere," the other answered.

"What makes him special?"

"I heard," the second elf lowered his voice, "that Thranduil has a... liking for him."

"A liking? What do you mean?" They continued their conversation. Unfortunately, they were almost done walking the round, which means they were heading back to the guards' station. Their voices were fading now and he struggled to hear the answer.

"You know, a liking. Almost like the king has an obsession with the dwarf." He let out a small laugh, "an attractive obsession."

Dwalin let out the breath he didn't know he was holding. He hadn't been expecting this to be the reason why Thorin was taken away. He hoped his king was okay and that the elf wouldn't force anything upon him.

________________________