Chapter One

‘HARRY?! WHERE'S HARRY?!’ shouted Hagrid, his booming voice broke the sharp air as everyone took a huge, deep breath. 

There was quiet for one second where everyone processed in their minds that it might not be over. Harry had to be alive, how else could he have disappeared like that? Then it happened in a sudden burst of adrenaline. Chaos reigned throughout the whole of Hogwarts. Everyone got their wands and started fighting like there was no tomorrow; for all they knew, they may never see tomorrow or live to see the sun rise over their heads. Spells shot through the air like bursts of green, red and blue fireworks. Bodies collapsed onto the ground and were pummelled as people ran over them, screaming and shouting spells.

Giants crushed the death eaters under their ginormous feet, centaurs rode through them, Grawp seemed to be swinging a huge piece of wood, which could be a tree, at death eaters, and hippogriffs soared through the air. Hermione was one of the first to react but now she gazed the scene of destruction, sweeping all of the courtyard under her brown eyes. Then she jumped into action and looked around furiously, trying to find Harry. He couldn't have just disappeared! Her brown eyes fell upon Luna and Ginny battling Bellatrix. She ran over, avoiding the spells, to help them.

‘You foolish little girls!’ screamed Bellatrix, nearly dancing in the chaos, as they blocked her spells with sweat apparent on their foreheads, ‘you would die for a dead person?’

‘Harry. Isn't. Dead!’ Ginny screamed, throwing spells at her furiously, trying to regain control. It seemed like Harry's ‘death’ had hit her like a bulldozer; she looked like she could lift the whole school and tip it over, ‘how dare you!’

Bellatrix chuckled in a spine trembling way and Hermione felt her chuckle pierce into her ears. How could these people be so selfish and plain evil? Did they not have a conscious at all? Bellatrix slashed and twirled her wand, spells issuing from them easily as though she didn't even have to try. A smile stayed on her lips as she screamed 'Avada Kedavra' towards Ginny. Hermione's heart stopped in that gut wrenching moment. She knew Ginny had dived out of the way but Hermione could not get her knees to stop shaking.

‘NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!’ Molly Weasley screamed and pushed the three girls aside with her fury glazing over her eyes.

Bellatrix snarled as Mrs Weasley shot spells at her, looking almost as if she was one of them; a death eater. Hermione raised her wand to help but Mrs Weasley insisted that Bellatrix was her kill. She shouted at them to get to safety and Hermione had no choice but to move away. She couldn't 'get to safety' obviously; she had to find Harry!

‘Why, gorgeous, not got anyone to battle?’ Fenrir Greyback's rough voice sounded from right behind Hermione and she felt as though he was touching her back, she shivered.

Immediately and instinctively, Hermione raised her wand, blocking the spell from hurting her when he cast it with a casual wave of her wand. She concentrated on bringing Greyback down, not an easy task at all. He chuckled as she attempted to harm him. Suddenly, someone appeared beside Hermione in a flash and her first thought was that it was an enemy but the man started battling Fenrir Greyback too; obviously not a foe but a friend. The red hair of the man beside her flopped around as he dodged the spells and she could tell it was Ron. Anger built up inside her, he was going to get hurt! He had lost Fred already and Hermione had a feeling that he was going to get a little too big for his boots and try to take down as many death eaters as he could.

‘Ron, I've got this!’ yelled Hermione, furiously slashing her wand through the air so that the spell turned away from her visibly. Greyback was looking quite angry now as she kept blocking his spells and Ron kept on shouting any spell that came to his mind. Ron’s well built body seemed to be moving agilely from side to side.