Chapter Five

Draco's POV

He sat on the comfy chair, fidgeting around, changing positions every so often. He finally sat up and put his elbows on his knees, he clasped his face in his hands and stared down at the wooden floor.

The floor was chipped and broken at places but he didn't care. At least there was a roof over his head. What was really bothering him was the constant fighting, being told what to do, where to go and even what to think. Obviously from the demands came from his parents.

He could think about her if he wanted! He loved her! And wanted to get back to her as soon as humanely possible, but of course he didn't want to put her in danger.

He recalled back to the conversation at breakfast...

--Flashback--

"Sit up straight and look presentable!" shouted Lucius Malfoy at his son.

Draco, who was leaning over the table, lifted his eyes to glare at his father. Lucius widened his eyes at him and Draco sat up, muttering.

"Why would I need to look presentable? For your friends who're trying to kill us..." muttered Draco into his food.

"Stop muttering!" barked Lucius.

Draco sighed but stopped and they ate on, without a word. The knives and forks clinked against the plate. The only sound in the room. Draco glared up at his father.

"Glaring won't make me less of your father." Lucius said, calmly.

Draco glared harder although he was surprised. Lucius hadn't even looked up to see him glaring. It was weird. Draco dropped his cutlery and his eyes never left his father, watching his every move.

"Stop it." Lucius muttered.

Draco glared on, narrowing his eyes at him until Lucius looked up and warned him again, which still didn't stop him.

"Do you have no manners?" Lucius drawled coldly.

Draco sweared at his father. Forgetting the beatings he had to endure when he was younger when he did something wrong. Forgetting that this man, who called himself Draco's father, wouldn't stop until Draco felt pain for what he did. No matter how many time Lucius heard the word 'sorry' he wouldn't stop until Draco writhed on the ground in pain.

Draco's deep voice echoed around the room. The swear lingered on and Narcissa widened her eyes at Draco but he stared straight at his 'father'.

Lucius dropped his knife and fork. He stood up and went over to Draco, who rolled his eyes at his father.

"What are you going to do, FATHER?" Draco enunciated the word father.

Lucius grabbed Draco by the hair and throwed him against the wal, pining him there with his wand against Draco's throat.

"I will not have a son who isn't grateful for what I've done for him." Lucius said every word clearly, "If I hear that word one more time. I will not hesitate to kill you."

"Kill me now." whispered Draco, "I don't really want to live without love. Whether that be family or that girl i'm waiting to get back to. Since I never got any love from my fucking family and since I won't ever see her face again... Kill me!"

"Do not swear." demanded Lucius, "Get out of here!"

He grabbed Draco's clothes and threw him into the room. Draco stood up quickly and glared at Lucius, who stood staring at him.

Draco swore once more as Lucius was about to close the door.

Lucius opened the door again and yelled "CRUCIO!" to Draco.

Draco fell to the floor as electricity waves rode right through him. He wouldn't stop twitching as the pain hit him again and again in unbearable waves.

"Stupid boy." Lucius growled and closed the door, locking it.

--End Flashback--

Draco looked up at the door again and to the place where hours ago, he writhed in unbearable pain. He sighed and stood up, a hand going to his dry, dry lips.

He walked over to the door and banged on it, shouting to let him out but it was no use. They wouldn't hear him. He got frustrated and kicked the door again and again, shouting louder and banging the door harder.

"Hermione!" said Draco, shocking himself.

He had said Hermione. He didn't mean for it too slip out... It just did. Sliding to the floor, he leaned his back against the door and covered his face in his hands.

He thought of how her silky curls bounced off of her back as she walked. How her smile would brighten his day, instantly. How much he loved and really wanted her... He stopped short... Wanted her? Well, he did want to kiss her but... No it couldn't be...

"It can't just be... infatuation..." voicing out his own thoughts, Draco stood up and started pacing.

He did want to kiss her... But he was sure it was more than that. He wanted to be with her.. He was in love with her beauty and the magic that surrounds her. He needed to see her, right now!

"Let me out of here! RIGHT NOW!" yelled Draco as hard as he could, "LET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Suddenly the door yanked open and Draco twisted around to face it, expecting his father to be at the door, ready to hurt him. Instead, it was his mother, standing with a bag.

"Draco..." Narcissa walked in and set the bag down.

Draco's initial thoughts were that his mother was leaving. He hugged her tight as she came up to him. She pulled back and touched his neck. It was red from Lucius' wand on his neck.

"I love you so much." Narcissa cried, "Draco..."

She hugged him again and cried for a good few minutes, soaking Draco's shirt. She muttered between sobs but Draco soothed her by stroking her hair.

"Who is this girl... you love?" Narcissa asked once she had stopped crying.

"Hermione... but, Mother, I think... I think it's just.... I don't know..." Draco explained.

He believed now that he only wanted her because she was so good-looking. Narcissa shook her head and went to get the bag.

"Go to her." Narcissa said, handing him the bag, "I've packed all your clothes. You need to leave."

"Come with me, Mother," said Draco, taking the bag from her.

"I can't..." Narcissa looked behind her. The kitchen was empty, "You're father will be back and I need to stay with him."

"But-"

"Go, Draco. I love you." Narcissa said and kissed his forehead, "You know your father won't approve of your relationship with that girl. I don't approve either, Draco."

Draco frowned at her. He knew his father would probably murder him for even thinking about her but he couldn't help the lust he felt.

"Bye Draco." Narcissa said, hugging him one last time.

"Bye, Mother."

Draco sighed and made for the door. He started running for the front door and yanked it open. Going outside, in the fresh air, he breathed in and out and started walking.

He looked back at the small shack they had lived in for a couple of days, away from danger. He hated every minute of staying with his parents. He hated his father.

"Get inside!" a voice shouted.

Draco looked up to see his father standing a few feet away. Speak of the devil. He looked furious at Draco.

"Give me my wand." Draco remember he didn't have his wand.

"Get inside!" Lucius grabbed Draco's arm.

"Lucius, leave him!" Narcissa cried from the door, Draco hadn't noticed that his mother was watching, "Draco your wand is in your bag."

Draco sneered at his father and took his wand out of his bag. Pushing his father away from him, he shouted, "See you later, you bastard." and disapparated with a huge grin on his face.