Chapter Twenty Two

"Thanks," muttered Hermione as James helped her off the boat.

She looked around the Isle of Man. Travelling for a whole week with various different weather was really tiring Hermione out. Also she hadn't slept the whole night due to excitement. She would see Draco!

The sky was a dull grey, the clouds hid the entire blue of the sky but Hermione didn't mind. She was still smiling. They were at a sort of beach with trees lining it. She spotted a gate further down and had an urge to sprint to it and find Draco. But of course James knew where he was.

"Ready?" asked James, looking around him.

Hermione nodded and James took her hand. Instinctively Hermione pulled her hand out of his grasp but James sighed.

"I think I deserve some trust, Hermione, I did, after all, keep you alive," said James, "We need to apparate."

Hermione turned red at her own stupidity and James chuckled. He took her hand and after a short glance around, he splatter. They were once again sucked into oblivion and James' grip was tighter on her's.

Hermione's feet landed on grass. She nearly fell over but James grip kept her straight. Her head hurt, her eyes felt weird but she looked up and around. Draco? Where was he?

"Guess he's not here yet," muttered James.

Hermione frowned and watched as he went to sit by the tree. There was only one tree and a whole load of grass. A few minutes later, James stood up, clutching some parchment in his hand.

"Hermione, I'll be back. I need to... um... personal stuff," muttered James, nodding towards the woods far away from them, "I'll be back in five minutes."

"Sure," Hermione said, her thoughts were occupied by Draco.

James took off down to the woods and Hermione waited for him. She sat down and leaned against the tree. Closing her eyes, she rested. A couple of minutes later, James came back. Hermione stood up ad started pacing way hung as James took her place, leaning against the tree.

"When is he coming?" asked Hermione, worry lined every part f her.

James stood up and stopped her by grabbing he waist. She turned around to look into his blue eyes and he sighed.

"Calm down. He'll be here soon," he said.

Hermione, surprising even herself, pulled him in for a hug. His body tensed around her's but finally his arms snaked around her waist and pulled her closer.

"Thank you so much for everything," muttered Hermione, feeling as though she could hug him all day.

"No problem..." muttered James.

Hermione sensed that he wanted to say something else. She waited, her head rested on his shoulder and she felt his breath on her neck. He didn't speak.

"What is it?" she muttered, "What do you want to tell me?"

"How do you know I want to tell you something?" asked James, surprised.

Hermione shrugged and James sighed. She felt his chest rise up as he figured out how to say it. She waited patiently, comfortable in his arms.

"I know," started James, after a while, "you love Draco. I know that but... I have to make my feelings clear..."

Suddenly Hermione pulled back, sensing what he was about to say. She braced herself as he looked her in the eyes, his hands held onto her waist.

"I love you, Hermione. I really do. I want you to think... do you reay love Draco? Do you think he's right for you? Do you feel anything towards me?" asked James.