Chapter Thirteen

"Get up, mudblood!" a voice shouted through the door.

Hermione jerked awake and opened her eyes, no brightness li up the room.

"Don't you look a sight?" sneered Amadeus, "Filthy just like a mudblood."

Hermione scowled at him, trying to smooth her hair. His eyes roamed the place, landing on the bowl and water from yesterday and the pillows and duvet.

"Who gave you that stuff?" he yelled, banging the door.

"I did. As I said before, we are not savages," Narcissa came up behind him, "Now, get out of here!"

Amadeus walked away after a threateningly glance at Hermione. Narcissa muttered something under her breath as sheunlocked the door. She came in and set the tray of food down.

"Thank you," whispered Hermione.

Narcissa ignored her and Hermione felt like she had said something wrong. Hermione waited, watching Narcissa pace her room.

"Stay away from Draco," she muttered, stopping to look at her, "You've got him under your spell. Stay away from him. You'll only hurt him. He won't look after you."

Hermione frowned at the familiar words. Ron's face suddenly entered her mind. Of course, she had a dream that Ron said to pick Harry instead of Draco...

"If he does anything stupid for you and gets hurt... I'll kill you." she muttered, narrowing her eyes at he before walking out and locking the door.

Hermione was frozen in shock. She knew that Narcissa cared for Draco more than his father. She knew that Draco did love her but how was she supposed to stay away from him? He made her feel safe...

The dream she had of Ron telling her that Draco wasn't going to take care of her and now Narcissa said the same thing. That could not be a coincidence. Although, Hermione couldn't help but admit that she had some feelings for Draco.

What was she supposed to do?

Harry. She wondered what he would be doing. What would he think had happened to her when he found out she had gone? The kiss they shared after the war showed that even Harry had feelings for her. But Hermione had no feelings for him. He was like a brother.

She wished she could just disappear.

---

Draco's POV

Draco lifted his eyes off of his cereal as Narcissa climbed up the stairs. She looked normal. She looked like nothing was bothering her. Draco knew better than to believe that facade. Soon enough, she sighed, looking anxious.

She glanced at Draco and glanced at Lucius, whose eyes were trained on the newspaper. Narcissa took a deep breath, as if preparing herself for a run but she only sat down, opposite Lucius.

Draco stared at his mother's anxious face. She had been down to see Hermione... Suddenly, thoughts flitted through his head. Was Hermione okay? What did she say? What did Narcissa say to her?

Draco pushed his cereal and it swirled in the milk. He sighed, losing his appetite. Suddenly Lucius looked up and scowled at Draco.

"Stop that, you insolent boy," he snarled, folding his newspaper.

Narcissa looked up at Lucius. Draco scowled and leaned back in his chair.

"Your cousins are coming over and I expect you to be presentable. Get them muggle clothes off and change. You will not act like you are spoilt. You will not play with your food, do you understand me?" ordered Lucius. Draco didn't answer and only stared at his father. Lucius looked at him and leaned closer, suddenly he barked, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"