Chapter Twelve

"I promise, I'll get you something better for breakfast tomorrow," said Draco, handing her the fruit bowl.

Hermione took it and decided whether to eat it or not. Could she really trust Draco?

"No, you have to eat it," said Draco, sensing her hesitation, "Don't even bother throwing it away."

"Malfoy, you-"

"Call me Draco."

Draco stopped to look at her. She stared back. Hermione knew she shouldn't trust him but something hidden deep inside of her wanted her to believe and trust him. He went back to sorting out her mattress.

Hermione stared at his back, willing him to turn around. She didn't understand her feelings for Draco. All she knew was that he made her feel safe. Like they couldn't touch her because he would stand up for her. Hermione can tell that Draco loves her.

But does she love Draco?

"Eat," ordered Draco, without turning around.

Hermione slowly lifted the spoon to her mouth and ate the fruit. Apple. Her favourite. The taste danced across her tongue. She hadn't ate for a whole day and hadn't had any water. She wanted to thank Draco for bringing her food and water but found herself shovelling spoonfuls into her mouth.

"Done, hopefully you'll be comfy tonight," said Draco, admiring his handiwork.

Hermione looked up, still eating her fruit, to see that the matters had no horrible and intimidating blood stains on them. The pillows and the duvet looked so comfy.

"Thank you," said Hermione, looking down.

Draco must have an ulterior motive behind this. Hermione just had to figure out what the motive was. He wouldn't be doing this because he set her up. She wasn't too thankful for his actions.

Draco roamed the ceiling and he walked around the room. He looks really tired. It was really dark under his eyes, Hermione could see him clearly since his wand was lit up.

"Hmm, I'll think about it," muttered Draco to himself.

"Think about what?" asked Hermione, placing her empty bowl down.

"Some sort of way that you can communicate with me."

Hermione nodded and took a long drink of her water. She finished the glass quickly and placed it beside the bowl. Hermione stood up and yawned.

"Get some sleep, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" muttered Draco, walking towards the door.

"Wait!" yelled Hermione. Draco shushed her, listening for any noises from above, "sorry... I don't really want to... It's dark."

Draco looked at her unbelievably and chuckled, shaking his head.

"You're seriously scared of the dark?" whispered Draco, walking towards her.

"I'm in an unfamiliar place and it's scary here," Hermione whispered back.

Hermione knew she was being silly but she really could not stay here alone. She trusts Draco to stay with her. She looked into his eyes, searching for something in there. Something different was shining deep in his eyes. She could see her reflection. She smiled at him.

"I'll stay with you. I won't do anything. Go to sleep," Draco led her to the mattress.

Hermione lay down, wrapping herself tight in the duvet and sinking into the incredibly comfortable mattress. She yawned again, closing her eyes.

"Thank you, Draco," whispered Hermione, "You're not like them at all and I love that about you."

Draco looked shocked as Hermione opened her eyes to look at him. He smiled softly and took her hand.