Chapter Twenty Four

Draco climbed out of the cabin a few minutes later and Hermione was right behind him. The sun's heat fell on him almost immediately and he was glad that he had took a refreshing shower.

He spotted James sitting on the bench, staring out to sea with a sad and tired expression on his face.

"Hey," muttered James. 

He glanced at Draco and Hermione. A thoughtful expression crossed his face as Hermione clenched Draco's hand.

"We need to talk," said Draco, taking a seat next to James.

Hermione sat down too, not letting go of Draco's hand. James sighed and sat up straighter. Draco wished he would more lively and not moody like this although he knew the reason why, he wanted to get the important business out of the way.

"I have to leave," said James clearly, "I can't stay anymore. I need to go back to my father!"

"He's going to hate you for this and my father will torture you," said Draco seriously, frowning at him.

"I can't stay here!" yelled James, "You wouldn't understand."

"James," Draco said and glanced at Hermione, "I do understand but I need you to stay with us."

"Why?" asked James, "You don't need me anymore, Draco."

Draco shook his head and noticed that birds were flying over his head. He wondered how James had gotten the message to hide Hermione but dismissed the thought.

He felt like he was drowning in the heat that bounced off the boat and straight onto their bodies.

"I need you to stay with us, James. You're going to hurt yourself by going back and... I need your help," pleaded Draco, clapping a hand onto his back, "Will you stay?"

James hesitated, thinking it through. Finally he rolled his eyes. He sighed tiredly and nodded.

"Fine," he said, "I'll stay for now."

"Thanks, mate," said Draco, "now I was thinking... We should go to the Weasley house."

Hermione frowned at him as though he had confessed something awful. She didn't understand why he would want to go to the Weasley's?

"Because," he chuckled at Hermione's face, "My father will find out that you're aren't dead and he'll be back for you. We go to the Weasley's and ask for their help, also Potter's help, and try to get my father arrested."

"And my father?" asked James with a solemn expression.

Draco sighed and Hermione squeezed his hand to show some comfort. Draco pursed his lips and looked up to James, keeping his gaze steady and unfaltering.

"I guess, he's not done anythig so he may not be arrested," Draco said and shrugged his shoulders.

"He deserves to be arrested. For agreeing to this and just wanting to kill her..." muttered James, "I'm in."

"Thanks, mate," said Draco, although he knew James was still upset at the thought of his father suffering so he didn't press the matter.

"So when do we get there?" asked Hermione,nervously.

"We can apparate right now," said Draco, "get all of your stuff ready and we'll go."

James stood up but Draco stopped him by placing a hand on his arm. James sighed and sat back down and leaned back like he was a teenager in trouble for something bad he had done.

"Can I talk to you, James?" asked Draco, "for a minute?"

"Sure," said James, although he rolled his eyes at Draco's tone.