Episode 2-The Counter Terrorist Unit

The following takes place between 7:00 A.M. and 8:00 A.M.

A woman pushed through a crowd, knocking down several people. Indignant cries rose around her, but she didn't care. She was on a mission. The large duffel bag she held against her chest had to be delivered at a certain location at a certain time. If she succeeded, she would be greatly rewarded. If she failed...

"Dispatch, this is Sergeant Ramirez calling to report that we have found the mole. Repeat, we have found the mole!" 

"What?" a young woman gasped. "Who is it?" 

"Her name is Aysel Naziri," Sergeant Ramirez said, hurdling a fallen trash can. "She came to the U.S. two years ago after getting transferred to CTU, but she was undercover the whole time. She works for the IAJ!"

"Uh, okay," the woman stammered, typing the name into her computer. "Where are you?"

"We're turning down Olvera Street," Sergeant Ramirez panted. "We're gaining on her now. Send backup!" 

"I'll do what I can Sergeant. Over." 

"Over!" 

Horrified, the woman stared at the results on her computer. "Oh no. It can't be." 

"Chloe!"

The director of CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) was walking over to her, a troubled look on his face. 

"Have you heard from the LAPD?" 

"Yes, Sergeant Ramirez just called," Chloe reported. "He said they've discovered the mole."

The director sighed as if a large weight had been taken off him. "That's great news, who is it?" 

Chloe hesitated. She knew who Aysel Naziri was and her boss would not be happy about it.

"Chloe, who is it?" the director asked again, a little impatient this time.

"I--I'm sorry..." Chloe looked at the floor. "I'm so sorry, Tony."

Tony crossed his arms but his tone was gentle. "Sorry for what?"

When she didn't answer, he started to feel concerned.

"Chloe, what's wrong?"

Taking a deep breath, Chloe met Tony's gaze.

"It's Anya."

Two words. That's all Chloe had said and yet those two words brought Tony's world crashing down. He turned away from her, his face going pale. He didn't know what hurt more: that the woman he had been dating for a year was just using him, or that he had been stupid enough to think their relationship was real. 

"Are you okay?" Chloe asked timidly. 

Tony closed his eyes and swallowed his hurt, then spun around and said, "Yeah, I'm fine. You did good, Chloe, but we're not in the clear yet. I need you to call Jack. Tell him to gather the Bomb Squad and find the mole before it's too late."

"I'm on it," Chloe said, retreating to her desk. Her cellphone was already ringing by the time she sat down.

"Bauer."

"Jack, it's Chloe."

"Hi Chloe, what do you got for me?" Jack asked.

"I know who the mole is," Chloe whispered so no one else would hear. "It's Anya Petrovi." 

"What?" Jack exclaimed. "Tony's girlfriend? Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," Chloe said a bit defensively. "Her real name is Aysel Naziri and she's an IAJ terrorist. Jack, she's got a bomb!"