A Haven on Mount Hoverla

Nearing the end of a six-hour train ride to the Ukraine, Gwen was getting very anxious as she paced up and down the aisle of the train.

"Miss," a train patron said with a tight smile, "Could you please take your seat; we will be arriving soon."

Gwen nodded reluctantly and headed back to her seat. Sliding the compartment door open she stumbled into the compartment seat.

"Are you alright?"

Gwen looked across from her to see Newt, "I'm fine."

"You've been pacing most of the time Gwen; it can't really be that bad to be back right?" Newt asked as he clutched his case full of animals with him.

Gwen peered out the window to see the greenery of the landscapes as multiple memories swept through her mind. Each memory more painful than the last the past was the last thing Gwen wanted to come with terms with.

"Not physically, but mentally it's a whole lot harder." Gwen said turning back to Newt. "Anyway where are we going?"

"We're are going to the Mount Hoverla Sanctuary." Newt started. "There's a colony of Ironbellies that live there; and that's where the break out started. We're supposed to meet up with Artem and Olena Domitrovich who are the top workers at the sanctuary."

Gwen nodded, "Ah! Yes, Artem and Olena, both passionate about the dragons they take care of."

"You know them?" Newt asked astonished.

"Yeah," Gwen said glumly, "my father took me to the sanctuary when I was younger so I could see the dragons."

The train jolted to a stop causing Gwen to fall back into her seat.

"Well anyway the Domitrovich's are supposed to meet up with us at the station." Newt said standing up slowly.

Gwen closed her eyes, but did not stand to join Newt. "I want to go back." She groaned.

"You just got here." Newt said stepping toward Gwen.

Extending his hand to her, Gwen reluctantly took it and allowed Newt to pull her on her feet. Newt looked into Gwen's ice blue eyes and saw another flicker of fear run through them.

"It's going to be okay." Newt reassured Gwen, who just nodded her response.

Stepping off the train, both Newt and Gwen looked around the station in awe. The vast space was beautiful with the architecture design that made up the station. The two travelers walked through the station looking for their contact, but didn't find them until they left the doors of the station.

By one of the pillars outside the station were two middle aged people. Both with dark black hair and stocky frames. Gwen immediately recognized the two people as Olena and Artem spotted Newt and Gwen.

"You must be Newton Scamander." Artem greeted Newt, "I'm Artem Domitrovich and this is my wife Olena."

Olena smiled warmly at the two travelers before her, but as she looked at the young woman she couldn't shake the feeling that she had met her before.

"Uh, it's just Newt." Newt said shaking Artem's hand.

Artem turned to the young woman beside Newt, "And you are Miss?"