And the Mystery Deepens

The two figures in the door way both snorted, looking closer one was female the other a male. Both with similar frames one could assume they were siblings both with bright green eyes and black hair.

The male figure stepped forward and addressed Gwen. "Now is that anyway to greet your cousin." He laughed.

Gwen paled as she recognized her cousin Alek and his younger sister Farah, both dressed in black with sadistic smiles upon their faces. "What? Why?"

Farah stepped forward, "Wow your mother really kept you in the dark." her unique voice rasped.

Automatically Gwen stood defensively in front of her friends. "What do you want?" she asked.

"Oh it's not what we want," Alek smiled deviously. "It's what your mother wants."

If it were possible Newt thought, he saw Gwen pale even further. "What!?" Gwen exclaimed confused.

Distracted by the news about her mother Gwen missed as Farah walked behind her to exam Tina, Queenie and Newt.

"Hey!" Tina exclaimed pushing Farah away.

"Interesting." Farah said with a quizzical look. "Looks like your plan worked after all."

"What plan?" Tina asked.

"Yeah what plan?" Gwen repeated "And how did you manage to sneak up on a Legilimen?"

To Gwen's surprise both Farah and Alek began to chortle. "Oh man this was way too easy."

When Gwen looked over at Queenie, Gwen noticed how flustered she had become. Glancing back at her cousins Gwen saw them smirking.

"We used Oclemency." Alek rolled his eyes, "Perhaps Hogwarts didn't teach their students enough magic for it to be useful."

"I was taught plenty." Gwen spat out.

"Calm down Gwennie." Alek soothed as if trying to soothe an upset animal.

Gwen's only response was a growl, "What are you really doing here?"

"We're here for you." Alek answered, "Your mother is really interested in your abilities since they've-" he paused. "Well let's just say advanced." Alek smirked his mouth curving up into a sneer.

"What abilities? What are you talking about?" Gwen asked confused her voiced losing its growl.

Gwen looked at her friends who were currently cornered by Farah who was pointing her wand aggressively at them.

Following Gwen's gaze Alek looked at his younger sister and snapped, "Back down Farah they aren't the target." Farah clenched her jaw, but complied to her brother's wishes. "As for you Gwendolyn haven't you noticed the changes." He encouraged her thought process, but Gwen couldn't think of anything out of the ordinary.

Alek rolled his eyes, "The mood changes, sensing shifts in magic pulses, plus the compulsions to protect and heal others Gwen don't you see you're not just a witch."

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" Gwen groaned, "My mother tried to kill me."

Alek snorted, "Of course, how else was she supposed to free you."

"Free her how?" Newt asked, "By killing her?"

Gwen had nearly forgotten about her friends—nearly—since a faint energy seemed to radiate around them Gwen was still able to feel their presence.

"You're crazy." Gwen growled, "I don't want to hear anymore." Whipping her wand out from her cloak Gwen threw a curse in her cousin's direction.

Unfortunately, Alek saw it coming and blocked it, but no before Gwen shot out another deadly spell. From the corner of her eye Gwen noticed movement as Farah shot a nasty curse towards her, in a flash Gwen moved her tail to block it, barely noticing its sting she continued to advance on her cousins. That is until Farah whipped around and stunned the back of