Ghoul in the Dark

After digging up twelve of the exploding rock blossoms, Gwen wanted to continue on, but Newt insisted that the two of them bed down for the night. Gwen reluctantly agreed as she and Newt found a small secluded area to place the suitcase. Entering the suitcase, Newt and Gwen both replanted the small flowers.

"I know you really wanted to continue Gwen, but we'll do better with a good night's rest." Newt tried to pacify her as finished planting the last flower.

Gwen dismissed him as she left the shed. She hadn't realized how tired she was until she walked out. The whole suitcase had darkened and only the moon beams from where the Mooncalves lit the place up. Slightly defeated, Gwen wandered over to her old enclosure. Nothing had changed since Gwen had left it, sighing she opened her arms and shifted to her dragon form. Curling up on the ground, her breathing slowed as smoke leaked from her nostrils.

Newt was just finishing up in the shed when he walked out of the shed to find Gwen. He eventually found her curled up as a dragon. Smiling slightly, he walked up to the dragon and laid up against her side.

"Good night Gwen." Newt whispered smiling as he closed his eyes as he felt Gwen drape her tail over him.

The next morning Newt found himself on the cool ground with a blanket over him. Rubbing his eyes, he looked around, but Gwen was nowhere in sight. Picking himself off the ground, Newt made his way over to the work shed to start the morning feedings. Entering the work shed he found Gwen scurrying around the area.

Noticing Newt Gwen greeted him, "Good morning Newt!" she smiled as she handed him a bowl of oatmeal. "So any idea where we might find a Ghoul?"

Newt hadn't even taken a bite of his breakfast, "huh?" he asked sleepily.

Sighing Gwen repeated the question, "Do you have any idea where to find a Ghoul?"

Blinking sleepily, Newt pondered, "Hmm, the most likely spot would be an attic or a barn."

"Okay then, we should try looking in a barn, imagine going to some muggle and ask to see their attic, they would believe we've gone mental." Gwen gushed out.

Newt looked at her suspiciously, "You're acting weird...what did you have for breakfast?" he questioned.

"Oatmeal and coffee." Gwen said enthusiastically as she cleared off the desk. "As a dragon of course, everything just tastes better that way. Honey?" she asked Newt as he took another bite of oatmeal.

"Uh, no thank you." Newt said furrowing his eyebrows, "You sure you're okay?"

Gwen shrugged as she set down a cup of coffee for Newt. "Never better, that night's sleep really did help me. I feel so rested." she enthused.

"Maybe a little to rested," Newt muttered to himself as he downed a cup of coffee.

"Alright let's go." Gwen announced as she saw Newt finished.

"But I have to feed the animals?" Newt protested.

"Don't worry about them." Gwen smiled, "I did that already Newton."

"Don't call me that." Newt groaned, but Gwen was already out of the case laughing hysterically.

Following her, Newt pouted, "That's not funny."

"Yes it is." Gwen laughed, "At least it's not as bad as Newton Salamander."

Newt locked the case as his jaw dropped, "Hey I thought we weren't going to bring that up again."