It's All About Power

Gwen felt the nauseating feeling as she got apparated. As soon as they reached their destination Cassandra Presley dropped Gwendolyn on the floor.

"Where are we?" Gwen asked from the floor.

"Home, but you wouldn't know it because Paul refused to let you out of that damn case." Cassandra busied herself with a machine off to the side.

"What were you?" Gwen glared at her mother. "What beast did you harbor?"

Sighing Cass turned to her daughter, "A Nundu."

"Such a power creature." Gwen mumbled, "Why'd you kill it?"

"Because it controlled who I was."

"Why not work with it?"

"I was trying to get rid of the bond with your father!" Cass exclaimed out, "Stop asking questions you're messing with my brain."

Gwen smiled to herself then it was working if she could continue the distractions maybe she could escape. "So what are the side effects to killing the beast."

"What makes you think there are side effects?"

"You used to be nice."

Cass breathed out, "There may be a power surge and a sense of loss."

"So since Mederi's are a powerful being why can't I beat you?" Gwen questioned.

"Because no bondmate has ordered you too, plus I'm your mother you can't do harm to family no matter how hard you try." Cass smirked.

Gwen noticed how her mother was concentrating on the machine as she quietly got up and looked for an exit. She spotted one through the two doors and ran for it. Cassandra just smiled knowing exactly where her daughter was heading too bad it was for not.

Gwen continued through the exit outside only to be faced by her two cousins Farah and Alek.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm leaving." Gwen stated firmly.

She gripped her wand and waved it and apparated from the yard. Next thing Gwen knew she was back in the exact same spot, "What did you do?" she yelled at her cousins.

"A small enchantment that prevents anyone form apparating on the premise well except for the spell caster." Farah laughed.

"Accio" Alek called from Gwen's wand.

Gwen's blood began to boil as she forced the change she was going to fry those two bimbos. Alek and Farah laughed as the real show was about to begin both pointing their wands at the large dragon. Gwen thanked her lucky stars that they were in the middle of nowhere especially when she let out a large flame intended in burning the two people below. However, the flames stopped short as Farah and Alek blocked the attack.

She opened her wings and started to take flight when the front door flung open and her mother yelled out the door, "What Gwen! No shot at me." Baiting her. She knew well enough what her mother was doing. No matter Gwen turned around and let out the hottest flame she could muster. It appeared that the flame had engulfed Cassandra Presley when all of sudden the flames whipped out and attacked Gwen. Gwen gasped as the flames snaked around the dragoness into a cage and harness.

"Time to face your fate Gwennie!" Cassandra bellowed as she held a vial filled with a shiny black liquid and walked up to Gwen's dragon form which was now forced to the ground thanks to the flames.

Gwen groaned what was she going to do she didn't want anyone to die, she just wanted to be left alone. A lone tear escaped her left eye the same side her mother was approaching. Cassandra caressed the dragons face, "Shhs my dear it will be over soon."

The only response Cass got was a growl from the dragon. Laughing Cassandra tasked Farah and Alek in holding the flame cage down. Slowly Cass pried open the dragon's mouth and poured the contents of the vial into her mouth. Gwen's first response was to spit out the potion that was until the flames circled her mouth and clamped it shut. Frustrated she groaned, why couldn't she do this. Why was she so helpless?These thoughts ran through her head as she struggled not to swallow.

"Swallow the potion Gwendolyn it only makes you drowsier." Cass tapped her fingers on her leg. "The faster you swallow the faster we can finish this."

After an hour of struggling to get free Gwendolyn swallowed the liquid much to her horror and dismay. She could only hope and pray her mother didn't poison her with that black potion. Standing over the dragoness were Alek and Farah who were cackling to themselves as they were hardly paying attention to her.

Footsteps brought Gwen back to the present as she saw the shoes of Cassandra Presley, "About time, it won't be long now." She smiled. "Farah! Alek! Stay focused and let me know when Gwen becomes drowsy." She snapped at them.

"Of course Aunt Cass." Both twins responded in unison clearly both annoyed.

About an hour later Gwen started to feel very disoriented and loopy. Not to mention a slight disconnection between herself and her dragon. Alek noticed first and commanded his sister, "Farah go get Aunt Cass the timing seems to be about right."

Farah huffed, "Fine." And stomped into the house.

Everything felt out of focus and unclear to Gwen she wanted to shift back but something was preventing her, she had concluded it had to be the morphing fire rope that surrounded her.

"Alright Gwen it's time." Cass smiled, "Time to lose the dragon."

Gwen's great head shook trying to say "no" except fighting the fire was hard in a drugged state and all she managed to do was rear up and fall back to the ground. Raising her wand Cass sent a bright green flash of light straight at the dragon. Gwen couldn't do anything and closed her except wait for the curse to hit except it never came. She glanced down to see a familiar blue coat and sloppy hair blocking the curse. Newt?Gwen thought, But how?

"This isn't the way Miss Presley!" The figure below yelled out.

Farah and Alek rushed to attack the figure but with the energy Gwen had left, whipped her tail and slammed it right into the twins sending them flying back into the house's side. This knocked both Farah and Alek out who currently looked like rag dolls against the building.

Cassandra glared at the figure, "I left you in America Mr. Scamander. You shouldn't even be here. Only a powerful being may apparate across the world." She said frustrated. "Now step away from my daughter!"

A growl erupted from her mouth at that thought as she stood protectively over Newt Scamander.

"She was never your daughter Cassie." A new voice intervened.

Cassandra turned around to see a thin man with greying hair. His face was hardly friendly as he starred at Cassie absolutely furious.

"Paul!" Cassie exclaimed blinking in shock.

A/N: 

Hey everyone,

Thank you all that have stuck with me for the past couple years! I really appreciate the support from all the likes and comments so shout out those who have done that.  Like everyone I've been quite busy, but I hope to start writing more frequently again :).

If anyone has anymore ideas for the how this story will play out I'd love to hear them as well as for my other ongoing story The Dragon Who Lived Under Gringotts.  Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks again,

Artzymandi17