Chapter I

Present Day, Three Years Later

That night set my life in stone, three years ago to this day. The wonderful party turned into a nightmare as soon as I left. Brooklyn's body was found in my hands as I bawled my eyes out. My fingerprints were all over her from holding her and there were many coincidences that were truely unfortunate.

So, I got convicted of first degree murder and have been in the pack jail every since. This place... it is created from the deepest parts of hell.

Now I am 17, I have never shifted and everybody else has. But that is due to the fact I have been in silver cuffs all these years. Even if I was uncuffed it take a bit before I would be able to shift, and it would much more.

I wish I could speak to my wolf. I wish I could see what she looks like. I bet she is beautiful.

"Killer, here's your food," a tray slides under the bars. It didn't have much- just my daily meal of a piece of stale bread and disgusting water. "Uhu," I mutter, crawling over to the food when a glob of spit flies by my face. "Now you can eat it," the guard says, walking away while laughing.

He always was a jerk. Every chance they got.

I sigh and tossed the bread to the cell across from me and I drank the gross water. The cell across had a old man in it. I have no idea who he was or how he got here, but he never wanted food be thrown out. So I just gave him my spit food. He barely ever said anything, and if he did, his voice was rusty and unbearable. I'm surprised he still had voice.

I sat down with my back against the wall, there was nothing to do except to think and sleep. Or if you're actually nuts, then draw on the wall with your own blood. -But that wasn't my thing.

I've longed to escape, but there has never been a good chance. Both packs have hated me since the incident. The Shadow Pack and, my pack, the Blood Pack. Despite their names, they aren't scary. Just strong, but not the strongest.

I never knew why they didnt just kill me. Wouldve gotten rid if this pain quicker. They just wanted me to suffer.

The main jail door opened and I heard someone thrashing around. And then a slam. A couple guards walked past me with a boy, he looked a little bit older than me, in their hands and unconscious. Poor kid, I tell myself. He wad cute though, under all that dirt.

I just stared as they put him in the cell right next to the old man's. They threw him in and didn't even bother to put the silver chains on him before walking out. They never have done that before. He could escape oh so easily.

Soon after the guards left I heard grumbles and whispered 'fuck'. I look towards the cell and see a tall figure standing up, brushing themself off. "So, how do I get out of here?" he asks, putting his hands on his hips seriously.

"Yo a il' fool.." the old man said. He said the exact same thing to me when I asked that question- multiple times.

"The fuck you called me old man?" I saw the boy get right up against the bars.

I sighed, speaking up, "There is no way out of here, trust me, I have tried." I say crossing my arms and closing my eyes.

"Well, you're in silver cuffs, I'm not." he says, snickering. I frown, irritated, prisoners were not usually this annoying.

"So how long are you gon' be here for?" I ask, trying to get him mind off escaping.

"Life in their minds. Not for long in mine." He scoffs.

I was getting really tired of him, so I just decided to not respond. If he is going to be here for life, that is going to really suck. Wonder what he did to end up here. Oh well, none of my business, but I'm still curious.

I lay down on the cold, hard steel and wrap the rag of a blanket around me. "Goodnight." I mumble to myself.

"Goodnight girly." the new guy says. He still has his werewolf powers. Why doesn't he just shift and break out? Isn't that the smart thing to do before they put silver cuffs on him.

I roll my eyes and fall asleep on the cold floor.

Edited.