Chapter XIV

Same Time

I swallow the lump in my throat as there is awkward silence. That is until he spoke up, "So what's a little thing doing as a rogue?" he asks, shoving his hands down his pockets.

I shake my head, not the 'little' name calling again. "Long story. What do you want?" I ask, getting straight to the point. I don't trust anyone. If we saw Drake or Amka or even Brooklyn, you would trust them with your life. I mentally growl, I get on my own nerves sometimes.

He smirks, "Ha, getting straight to the point? Are you scared?" he asks, stepping closer.

I take a step back, not bothering to reply. "In all honesty, I just was astonished by your size. At first, I thought you were a real wolf, but nope." I frowned, really? Why not the cool fur. "Oh- and that fur of yours. Why is it so white?" He asked me like I know the answer.

I shrug my shoulders. He taps his chin as he looks at me from all sides. "You're albino- that's probably why."

I nod, "Yah, probably. Are you going to hurt me?" That was not sappose to come out of my mouth. But we were thinking it.

He looks at me with a face that read, 'are you serious'. "You know rogues don't hurt eachother. Right?" My eyes go a bit wide and I shake my head no. "Well, you seem new. Rogues kill packs, and that's for their personal reasons. Being a rogue is like one giant pack, but with a bunch of rejects."

Wow... People always told me rogues were discusting creatures that lost their minds and kill everything they see. That does sound obnoxios though. "You're right. I became rogue four hours ago or so." I sit down and lay my head on my hand.

"Oh really? Wow. Well, welcome to the family then.",He sits down as well. "Why are you a rogue?"

I take a moment to debate whether or not to tell him. I decide to just go with it and be honest. "I killed four humans. Long story short, I was in danger. First time I shifted. Killed the three endangering me and the other guy because he saw me become a werewolf." My voice got quieter with each word. I looked down at the groumd, then back up.

"That's rough. Wait- you just shifted today?" I nod. "Damn."

"Umm, what's your name?" I ask him.

"Ashton. How about you little miss? And your age."

My eye twitches. "I am not little," I growl. He looks at me seriously then bursts out laughing. I roll my eyes and answer his questions, "Airybel and I am 17. Actually, almost 18 now that I think about it," I smile. I'm almost eighteen!

"Oh that is awesome. When is your birthday?"

I take a moment to think. I haven't thought about it at all in almost four years. "April 28th," I say with a cheery voice.

"That's in two days! Hey, want to hang out and then celebrate?" he asks while a smile.

"Hmm, sure, but where would we go?" I know it's not a good idea to trust a complete stranger, but I really need to find a town. A town free of a pack, and I know celebrate means going to do fun or dumb stuff somewhere. Ashton is the ticket to find a new home.

He takes a momemt to think before jumping up, "Come on, there is a town thirty miles South East of here, we can find a place to stay there for the couple of days." I smile and nod, slowly getting up.

The walk was definitely not silent. We were constantly talking and asking eachother questions. By the time we get to the town it's like we knew eachother for years.

We walk down the street as the sun starts to rise. It was so beautiful with its red and pink colours. I imhale the fresh air as I look at the houses we pass by. A normal human town.

I look over at Ashton and I notice he is looking at me. I raise an eyebrow and he doesn't move until I wave my hand in his face. "Hey, what was that for?" he asks me.

"You stare too much," I whine back. He rolls his eyes at me and I punch his stomach.

"You, little miss, are weak as fuck," he laughs, putting his hands behind his head as he looks up at the colourful sky.

"I know. I told myself once I get settled down in a town, I would start training myself."

"Where you going to settle down?"

"Here." I say with confidence. The closest pack to this town was twenty miles away, which is a pretty good distance.

He turns his head to look at me. "Really? I was thinking the same thing. I am tired of traveling." His voice sounded so soothing. I wonder why I would think that.

"Well- want to get an apartment together and split the pay?" I ask him. At this point, you could say I 'accept' (trust) him enough. And Id would be able to save some money.

He grins, "Of course. Why don't we go look for a place?"

"Actually... I need to go get some money first."

Me and June all over again, haha.