Chapter XVII

Same Time

I sat on the couch in comolete silence as I thought about what that Alpha said. What can little old me do? This is my town, but I can't even keep it. I let out a loud sigh as the front door opened.

I knew it was Ashton, so I didn't bother looking back to doubke check. I stayed quiet, playing with my nails. Having anxiety sucks, I bite my nails and theyre always so short...

"Hey," I see a hand wave infront of my face and an Ashton, staring at me.

I snap out of my trance and look up him, "What?" I ask, irritated.

"What's wrong. You've got that look on your face," he says, sitting down next to me and putting am arm around me.

I took him arm off me, "Nothing Ashton, don't worry about it."

He gives me the look like he's not buying it, but he decides not to push it. "So, would you loke to go out tonight," he ends the silence and I look over at him. Like a date? I nod my head. I needed to get out and forget about the pack thing for now. And I know at some point I have to tell him about that pack. "Okay, be ready in a hour," he jols off the coucj and runs to his room. Probably to get ready.

I get off and head to my room. A simple dress will do, I tell myself. The date thing wasn't much of a surprise since he has taken me out a few other times.

My colour theme was pretty dull, but it reflected my current mood. I wore a light grey, off the should dress that went to my knees. Personally, I loved it, and the only other reason I got it is that it was on sale for forty bucks. I slipped on some (also) grey high heels that matched perfectly.

 I slipped on some (also) grey high heels that matched perfectly

I exited my room and saw a nicely dressed Ashton.

"Wow, you look stunning!" he smiles. A tint of pink on his cheeks.

I turn away, embarassed. Awe.

"Let's go," he says, taking my hands and leading my out the door to our car. He opened the passenger door for me, I smiled and thanked him as I stepped in. He ran around the car and hopped into the driver seat.

"Where we going this time?" I ask him, curious. Last time it was a Russian place, there was a lot if soup. A lot.

"It's a surprise and I know you haven't been here before."

"How would you know?" I ask, crossing arms and raising a playful eyebrow.

"It's out of town dolling," he says in a country accent. I smile and shake my head.

I listen to the radio while leaning my head against the window. It was a good song, but a bit old. I don't know why I liked the song, probably the beat. I didn't sing the lyrics because I cant sing rock. "Lalalala," Ashton sings. I laugh. That was way off. He smiles, "Not my fault I can sing as good as these guys," he says, turning up the song, Down (by Thousand Foot Krunch).

The car stopped in front of an old building. "We are here," Ashton says, hopping out and rushing over to my door to open it.

"You're such a gentleman," I half jokingly say. He had a grin on his face and took my hand. He led me through the door and I gasped at the interior design. It was so fancy and classic. My dress suddenly felt cheap- oh wait, it is.

"Reservations?" A girl in a cute suit says. She was short, but still taller than me.

"Ashton Tomroy."

She flips through the book and puts her finger on a page, she moved her finger around till she said, "Oh- here we go. Follow me to your table Mr. Tomroy."

She leads us through a detailed, wooden doorway. My mouth hung in awe as I looked around. Sometimes I had to squint to see something due to the extremely low amount of light. But besides that, I loved it here. It must cost a fortune- wait.

The waitress sat us down and handed us menus and leaving hs be. There were a few other people around that were also dressed nicely. I got comfortable in the booth and looked at the menu. "So how are you affording this?" I ask Ashton.

His face goes red, like he's hiding a secret. "Well I came here to ask you something and to tell you something, Airybel." He never said my name with the tone he used. It was hopeful, but a hint of distress. "But, I am only telling you after we eat, now let's have fun," he says happily. I nod in agreement.

I read the menus and I deside to eat some french salad thing along with fresh onion rings. Ashton went for a burger and fries. The waitress came back and we told her what we wanted. She nodded and was off again.

Me and Ashton small talked as the fokd got ready. Thankfully it only took thirty minutes for our food to get done.

"Here you go," the waitress says, placing our food. I thanked her and began eating instantly, I was starving. Ashton giggled and I blushed.

"Oh shush, I'm hungry," I tell him, now taking more civilized bites.

"Really?" I roll my eyes at his sarcastic remark. He is si goofy, but also mature when needed. I'm glad I got stuck with him and not a deadbeat rogue. Well, that's not very likely because being a rogue is hard.

We finish our meal within thirty minutes and U take a break before asking him something. "So what was those things you wanted to tell me?" I ask, extremely curious. Ashton was usually upfront about telling me stuff.

"The question or the news first?" he asks back.

"News."

He sits up and smiles, "I got a promotion at work!" I smile and hug him. He's been trying to get it for forever. "So now, instead of seven dollars an hour I got eight."

"That's great Ashton!" I clap quietly as I noticed I was being a bit loud and getting looks from the rich people.

"Okay, now the other news." He inhales deeply as I listened carefully, "willyoubemygirlfriend?" he spoke quickly and I could barely pick up anything until I replayed it in my head.

Will-you-be-my-girlfriend?

I blush deeply, "Of course!" I shout. An old lady shushes me nearby and then rambles about how young kids are little bitches.

He smiles and this time he hugs me. I wrap my arms around him and inhale his scent, it snelt good, but I just wish he was my mate. I wonder about that..