Chapter VIII

A!N I hope you guys are liking the story, it is break for me when I am writing this, so luckily I can write more parts and make this my first finished story. 😋 Enjoy

The Next Day

"What is that girl doing in my room, half naked?"

"S-sorry sir, I thought you'd be working all night and we don't have any free rooms open," a familiar voice says. I slowly open my eyes and let out a quiet yawn. That was the best sleep I've had in years.

"Shut it, she's awake," I hear the first voice speak up again. The door creaks open and two people walk in, Amka and the Alpha, I think his name was Drake or something like that.

"Hey Airybel," Amka says sitting at the end of the now messy bed. I look over at the Alpha to see him with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

I get up and off the bed, "Sorry Alpha, I honestly didn't know this was your room," I said pulling the large shirt down so it covered everything. I shoot a glare at Amka, all he did was shrug back. I rolled my eyes.

"It's fine, now you know. We will find accommodations for you and Alpha June soon enough." Alpha Drake says.

"Where could I put my stuff for the time being?" I ask, holding all my stuff in my hands.

"You can leave it in here until we find you a place, don't worry about it," he smiles, and I nod, smiling back.

"Thank you Alpha."

All three of us head down stairs after I changed. I wore a Christmas sweater, black legging and a pretty blue hair bow. All items I stole. And frankly, I didn't have many more outfits yet- but, I have a lot of money stashed away.

We headed into a large dining room that got louder and louder as we got closer to it

We headed into a large dining room that got louder and louder as we got closer to it. So many people. We go through two large couple doors and everybody silences, looking towards the Alpha, and me. I looked around and saw June at one of the ends of the table, I smiled. "Continue," Drake says and everyone goes back to what they were doing. "Follow," he said, motioning me to follow him while Amka went to the other side of the table. "You can sit to the right of me, across from my Beta." I nod and do that, sadly it was at the completely opposite end of the table from June. I mentally frowned. At least I kind of know Amka...

Before I was about to shove food in my mouth Drake clicked his fork against his glass and stood up, "Today I have some news for you all, my pack. We have two new members of our pack, the BlackThorn Pack. Airybel," he motions me to stand up then points to me when I do, then I sit back down, "and Alpha June!" loud gasps erupted as everyone looked at June. He smiled and stood up like I did.

"Yes, I am June, previous Alpha of this pack. The Shadow Pack did not kill me, obviously, but they captured me to try and make offers- but I guess they never got to do it. Anyways, me and your Alpha June have talked about it... would you like to announce the news?" I was a bit awestruck, he was so proper, I still think of him as that old man in the cell across from mine slowly dying. I just can't get that image out of my head. It'll go soon enough, one day I'll forget about everything that happened there and before that.

"Yes, June will become Alpha of the BlackThorn Pack once more to keep the pure Alpha blood running!" Everyone started cheering and clapping, including me, I felt proud and happy. I looked over to Drake and saw him smiling, but he looked a bit sad. Probably because he won't be in power anymore. I decided not to ask what's up, it wasnt any of my business and plus, I barely knew him. "And as for me, I will become the Beta, because that blood line runs through my veins." Drake says, sitting back down. What about Amka?

We all settled down except people were still going up and congradulating him. I decided to just tune people out and eat some food, all I ate was a mini waffle and a really mini muffin, along with some greentea.

I head back to Drake's room and think, just think. I sat against the wall, looking up at nothing. What to do now. I have everything I didn't have now. Suddenly I hear footsteps and the door opened, I looked up to see Alpha Drake. He looked back down at me, "Oh hey Airybel, how're you?" he asks, sitting on his bed.

"Good good," I say, smiling.

"That's good, hey I have an idea since we are out of room here at the pack house, why not get your own apartment?" I take a moment to think and that sounded pretty good.

"That's a great idea!" I hop up, "do you have a computer? To look up places for rent?"

He nods, "Library is on the first floor.." I nod listening to his long directions.

Time to start a new life now.

I head down to the library and get on a computer. It already had my location, so I just looked at places in the nearest towns. Many places looked expensive and I wouldn't last long with the money (I stole). 

After hours, I finally found the perfect place. A small house, really small house, outside of town. It was 500sqft, with three rooms, the living, the kitchen, and a room. Also, a full bathroom. And it was for sale for $4500! I smiled and remembered something Alpha Drake told me he'd do, pay for it. I got up and headed up to his room.

I knocked on the door, "Come in!" he shouted, I walked in and saw him on his computer while shirtless. I rolled my eyes, you have to admit that is a nice bod though. Sometimes I hate my own thoughts. "Did you find the place?" he asks, looking back at me.

"Yup, and it isn't even overpriced."

"Okay, well you will have it in no time then Airybel."

"Thank you Alpha!" I shout happily. He smiles and goes back to his computer while I left the room and went to the communal area where all the couch were and a TV. Nobody was down there since it was so late, not even teens. Guess I can sleep here for tonight.