Grandpa

"You're letting your personal feelings keep you from making a rational decision. Now who's the hypocrite, Steve?"

"What the hell do you mean?" he grunted, throwing you from his back and onto the mat in front of him. "My feelings are under control."

You winced as you stood, pressing your hand into your side as you caught your breath, but not taking so long that he could make another move on you. "The Accords almost tore the team apart because of your personal feelings," you spat, dropping low and swinging your leg to kick the side of his knee, making him stumble into the wall and allowing you to kick it fully from beneath him and send him to the mat this time. "This is no different."

"You still haven't forgiven me for Hydra either, have you?"

"Yes, I forgave you a long time ago," you panted. "I told you that."

He used his lowered position to his advantage, grabbing your ankle and giving it a harsh turn outward to flip you around and take you to the ground, his other hand swinging up to turn you over onto your stomach before you hit the mat. He pushed up quickly to take a hold of your arms so that you couldn't push away, yanking them back and holding them firmly with a knee pressed between your shoulder blades to hold you there. "If you've forgiven me, then why don't you trust me?"

"I've forgiven but I haven't forgotten. There's a difference."

"That's not fair, (Y/N)."

"How...is that not...fair?" you groaned, trying to get out of his grip. "I have every right...to remember..."

"Give up?" he asked plainly, barely having to struggle to hold you. "I've got you pinned."

"Like hell," you argued, bucking your hip and kicking your leg back just enough to hit his lower back and send the muscles into a spasm so that he had to move. You were just able to scurry out from under his hold before he regained his control, the two of you now standing face-to-face again and ready for the other to pounce. "How much more can we take, Steve? When is one more thing one too many for us?"

"Hold on a second," he stopped, raising his hands to signal a pause in the spar, "what are you saying? Do you think we're there? We've gotten through worse than this, (Y/N)."

"Yeah, but this is the second time that I've had to decide if I can trust you or not. You're my husband, and I should never have to ask this question once, much less twice in such a short time."

"(Y/N), come on, I didn't mean for this to break your trust," he pushed forward, only for you to take a reflexive step back. "I'm sorry."

"I shouldn't have to hear that again either, Steve."

~~~

Tony's footsteps were bounding and authoritative as he crossed the compound's main building, only one goal in his mind and a sheer determination to rectify a situation that was completely unacceptable to him. He stepped into the elevator and closed his eyes as the doors closed, taking a deep breath to try to calm his anger only to find it of no use. "FRIDAY, go slow."

"Yes, boss," she replied, raising the lift at half the velocity that she would normally use. "Would you like me to call the Captain to assist you? Or perhaps (Y/N)?"

"No, and don't ask me again."

The A.I. didn't reply, the rest of the ride being carried out in complete silence. He reluctantly opened his eyes and watched the numbers of each floor flash by on the display, sucking in a harsh breath when he arrived at his destination. With a nod of his head and a renewed resolve, he continued down the long hallway until he came to the door he wanted. "Open it," he snapped, stepping inside before FRIDAY could get it fully moved out of his way.