Road Trip

As I put on my pajamas and got into bed, I was pretty happy at the thought of no more school for another 3 weeks for winter break, I hated school, wait scratch that, I hated the thought of school, because I would be seeing someone every day who I absolutely despise, Keenan.

The boy I was in love with for 2 years, until he shattered my heart. I could never ever go back, I don't think I could ever trust a boy again because of him, I just hate thinking of what he'd done to me, but anyways I'm about to graduate very soon so he should be the least of my problems.

I've been having dreams lately, the same exact dream, I don't know why, maybe it has something to do with my childhood, I honestly can't remember much, but this dream, there was something about it, in it were 2 kids, a boy and a girl. They were running around the back yard of someone's house, those kids looked so happy and like they were having the time of their life playing together. It was just so strange to me why I had these dreams, it still occurs to me that maybe it was just a part of my childhood that i forgot.!Though, I still remember a few things before moving to Mke..

----

The next morning, I had woken up to the wonderful smell of my fave, blueberry pancakes. I got up, slipped on my moccasins and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. My mom was already eating with my little sister Marisa and my dad well, he's in his office, doing whatever the hell he does.

"I made you your favorite, you're welcome" my mom said.

"Gracias mami" I replied.

"Oh and I was meaning to tell you something" she said as she got up to wash her plate. then my mom walked over to sit down.

"What's this about?" I asked in confusion.

"Nathalia, since it's the beginning of your winter break we were planning on going on a vacation" She said.

"Where to?"

"Atlanta, your Tia Cristina has invited us to go over for vacation, we thought it'd be a wonderful trip since it's been a while since we've left the state."

I was hella excited to hear that we were going to Atlanta, I used to live there when I was little but haven't gone back since.

"We're leaving tomorrow morning so pack soon" she finally remarked. As soon as I went back to my room to get my clothes and take a shower, I checked my phone and saw it was a text from my best friend Asia.

Asia: "aye bitch let's go shopping, I'll pick you up at around 2?" I texted her back saying okay & I went straight to the bathroom.

I let the warm water run through my back, I love the feeling of showers, it just relaxes me so much, I don't know why but it just does. I put on a pair of leggings and and a plain black tank with a cute army jacket then I blow dried my hair and straightened it, normally I would let it air dry and natural, but I was in the mood.

I usually keep my makeup super simple, unless I'm feeling it then I go for more makeup, but normally I just apply some foundation, concealer, set that shit and mascara. I slipped on my brown timbs that I was completely obsessed with. I heard my phone ring, I knew it'd be Asia.

"Yes?" I said.

"I'm outside now"

"alright I'll be out there in a sec" I hung up and walked down the stairs to tell my parents I was leaving, then I grabbed my jacket and my wallet and headed out the door.

"How's it going Talia?" Asia asked trying to start a conversation.

"I'm good, really good actually, guess who's going to Atlanta for winter break?" I beamed in excitement.

"You? You lucky ass bitch, girl you better catch me some fine ass lightskins down there" she said.

I love how we can insult each other and call ourselves many rude names but not care at all because we both knew we couldn't ever mean those words.

"Girl, I didn't even think about the boys, I wouldn't have been interested anyway, they not my main focus boo" she rolled her eyes.

I turned on the radio, and I heard one of Lil Uzi's new singles play "it do not matter, turn to a savage, pockets got fatter, she call me dadddyy"

"AYYY THIS MY SHIT" Asia screamed getting lit af in the car. I love her, she will drop anything and start dancing when she hears a good song.

Once we walked in the mall, Asia & I went towards Charlotte Russe, one of my fave stores, I decided I could shop for some more cute clothing to wear when I go to ATL, after I paid for my stuff, we went to H&M, Forever 21, True Religion, & Gucci. I may seem and dress like a girly girl but I still love to wear my true jeans and Jordan's, and do all that. I started to get really hungry again, I mean, when aren't I hungry? I always have to eat, I just love food. Asia and I paid for our stuff again and we walked towards the food court.

"Awww hell nah" I heard Asia say.

"What?" I looked in the direction she was looking and "oh hell no" was right. Right in front of our eyes was Keenan with the sluttiest girl at our school, Raven. I tried walking past them without them seeing us, I stood there just watching Keenan all over her, I was absolutely disgusted. "Dumb ass hoe" I said under my breath, I walked out of there immediately because I couldn't handle seeing them both. Asia running to catch up with me.

"Tali-Talia! slow down!" Asia yelled, running out of breath. I stopped and turned around. Asia looked at me sympathetically, she reached in for a hug I gladly took, but I didn't cry, i wasn't going to let them get to me, I'm way stronger than that. No cheating ass boy is ever worth my tears.

"I'll take you home now" she said. I nodded and followed her out. The car ride was silent, I didn't really want to speak, and Asia knew that since she didn't bother breaking the silence. She then pulled into my driveway and finally said something.

"Have a safe trip to Atlanta and I hope you have fun girl, text me!" I smiled and waved at her as she drove away, I went back into my house, and straight to the bathroom to remove my makeup and change into a pair of sweats and a tank.

I pulled my hair back into a ponytail. It was still a little early to go to bed so I just decided to pack now, I grabbed my suitcase from my closet and I began to put in my clothes I had bought today, some other clothes I had in my closet, and the other accessories I needed. It was only 9 pm and I wasn't really tired yet so I ended up watching Don't Be A Menace on Netflix, laughed my ass off, until I finally fell asleep.

.

.

.

.

I hope yall gonna enjoy my first story on here. I'm excited.

-Gaby💞