Two.

Victor Morgan stared at the bloody beauty in the cage below. She had just taken on a brute twice her size and won. The second she stepped into the arena, his pulse had raced and he melted the glass in his hand. He watched the fight on the edge of his chair, nearly jumping into the arena when her opponent clawed through her chest. He had only relaxed a bit when she was declared the winner, even then he was still angry. Angry that she was hurt. Angry that she had to fight at all.

It was only when she had made eye contact that he really began to lose it. She was his mate! His mate had just been practically mauled by a wolf!

Her handler started to drag the girl- Sang- out of the arena, and before he could think twice, he started to jump out of his seat. However, Mr. Blackbourne clamped a hand around his forearm, pinning it to the table.

"Where are you going?" He asked, but Victor could tell he knew exactly where. He sat down but kept his gaze glued to his mate's blonde head.

"Mr. Blackbourne, you don't understand. She- she's mine. That girl is my mate." He spoke in a rush, hoping Mr. Blackbourne would let him go. Victor had to get to her.

"I understand completely. She is my mate as well. But we can't go after her." Victor froze at the words.

"What?"

"We have a plan, we need to stick-"

"No. You're her mate?" Mr. Blackbourne let out a low snarl at the interruption.

"Yes, Mr. Morgan, and if we go after her now we'll both get killed." He spoke in that clipped way he always did when he was losing control. In that moment Victor knew Mr. Blackbourne was also seconds away from ripping out the throats of everyone here. Victor slumped into his chair. He took a breath, collecting himself, then leaned in on the table. Mr. Blackbourne did the same. To anyone else, it would look as if Victor was simply angry at losing money over the fight.

"We can't just leave her."

"We're not. Tomorrow, Mr. Coleman, Mr. Griffin, and Mr. North Taylor will arrive with the next shipment of fighters. They will look out for her."

"I should go in, I can protect her myself."

"You are a phoenix, your species is too rare. You would be too noticeable."

"Then you go in."

"I'm needed elsewhere and you know that." Victor pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Mr. Morgan, we will get her out of here."

"How the hell can you be so calm about this?"

~~~~~~~~~

Owen Blackbourne was not calm. As he and Mr. Morgan watched the rest of the fights, he feigned relaxed boredom, but inside he was raging. The animal inside him paced, the tiger dying to get out and find the green-eyed beauty that was his mate. Jesus, he had a mate. Or rather, he and Mr. Morgan had a mate. But he couldn't think on that now. His control was already hanging on by a thread. The lingering scent of her blood was not helping.

The car ride home was silent. Both boys were wrapped up in thoughts, and Owen knew conversation might provoke his beast even more. He dropped Mr. Morgan off at his home, then raced to Sean's condo. He needed his friend now more than ever.

He pulled up and forced himself to walk to the door. Sean opened it and began to smile, but it dropped when he saw Owen's face. He ushered him into the living room, and Owen began to pace.

"You look like hell and you aura feels even worse. What happened?" Sean asked. Owen stopped pacing and ran a hand through his hair.

"I found my mate."

"Congratulations. Why do you look pissed, and why are you here with me?"

"She was one of the fighters." Sean sank down into the couch and was silent for a moment.

"Well, shit. Do you need to punch something?"

"I need to kill something! Not to mention she's Victor's mate too."

"And she's poly? Oh my god, this just keeps getting better and better."

"We need to alert the boys. Those fights... she could be killed."

"Of course. They'll do whatever it takes to keep her alive." They were both silent for a minute, then Sean chuckled.

"Owen, you found your mate. What is she like?" Owen dropped into an armchair. He gave a slight grin.

"Incredible. Her name is Sang. She's an angel. She has the most alluring green eyes. And she didn't want to be fighting. All the other winners seemed to like it, but she just wanted to get it over with. She didn't even hurt the other guy that much."

Sean clasped him on the shoulder. "She seems great. I'm happy for you."

Owen grinned again. He was still pissed, but the tiger was recoiling, his control for the most part regained. He would rescue his mate. Then he would kill whoever forced her into that arena.