Ten.

"For the last time, North, I don't know where she went!" Nathan whisper-shouted, not wanting anyone to overhear them. He had taken barely five minutes to deliver a load of clean laundry, and when he returned, Sang was no where to be seen. Just Jade with a smug little smirk. It was nearly curfew and they still hadn't seen her. Now they were standing in the humid, smelly laundry room as if she would just show up at any moment. Every minute she was gone had his hackles rising. If they didn't find her soon, he was afraid of what his wolf might do.

"Fuck. Shit," Gabriel muttered under his breath. "I can't lose her. Goddamn I can't lose her. She's my- motherfucking shit I just can't lose her."

"That bitch Jade fucking knows something," North growled. His hands bunched up into fists. "I could go wring her scrawny little neck until she gives it up."

"I'll fucking hold her down for you," Gabriel mumbled, running hands through his hair. Nathan growled low in his chest. This couldn't be happening. He was suppose to protect her, and now she was god knows where.

A thud of footsteps and off key whistling startled the boys and sent Nathan and Gabriel behind a washing machine. With any luck the smell of detergent and softener would mask their scents. From where he was, Nathan could see a handler strut into the room swinging a lanyard full of keys. He stoped short at the sight of North.

"Um, hey. North, is it? What are you, um, doing here?" He inquired. He didn't look suspicious, just curious.

"I just needed to be alone," North grumbled. He leaned up against a metal table, his claws curling around the edge. The handler chuckled.

"Yeah, I get that. You look like you're going to murder someone. Or maybe that's why you're so pissed?"

"What?"

"Oh, just with that angel girl and all." Nathan tensed. Sang. "Sometimes they make the newbies deal with that kind of stuff just to get them desensitized or whatever." Though Nathan couldn't really see North's face, he could almost picture its red hue and scrunched brows. They'd be lucky if this handler made it out alive.

"No," North bit out, "it's not that. But what's the deal with her?"

"I'm not sure with specifics, but I know she was caught for a serious infraction. And now I think she's in the basement."

"Are- are they going to kill her?"

He handler shrugged. "Eventually. They'll probably make an example out of her first." Nathan shivered. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Gabriel slap a hand over his mouth.

"That's... too bad. She's pretty." North's hands tightened around the table, denting the metal.

"Wasn't she ever. Anyway, I have to finish my rounds. Lock up here when you're done?"

"Yeah."

The handler left, whistling as if he hadn't just dropped a bomb. When they could no longer hear his footsteps, Gabriel and Nathan came out of hiding.

"When I find that cunt," North snarled, "I'm going to rip her fucking throat out." He flung a table half across the room, sending it crashing into the concrete wall.

Gabriel hissed in agreement, his pearly whites now two jagged rows of shark's teeth. The alarm for curfew went off.

"We need to get back to our room. North, report this to Kota. We'll get her out. We just need a plan." Nathan didn't want to wait. He wanted to storm this goddamn compound until he had his mate safe in his arms and the people who dared to hurt her dead. But he didn't have that option now. They needed to get their shit together and rescue their mate without getting killed in the process.

And Nathan didn't care if he had to go to hell and back. He would see her again. He would hold her and kiss her and tell her just how beautiful she was.

Because he waited too damn long for someone as perfect as Sang to be thrown into his life, only to be ripped out of it just as fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, I know. Like wtf this is super short. I just feel bad about not updating in a while and I wanted to get something up. Within the next day or two I'm going to post another chapter and hopefully have a update schedule soon. Thank you guys so much for your support!