⇢ three

Chapter Three: Breakfast

You and Yuri sat awkwardly together as you both started to eat your breakfasts. You had almost regretted coming along to have an uninvited breakfast with Yuri. You would currently, rather take your chances with a bear or a lion than to sit in eating breakfast with Yuri.

Every time you thought on how to start a conversation, a glare from Yuri would make you quiet again. You couldn't really understand this guys problem. Sure you might of been a little bit annoying by taking his phone, but you figured that it wouldn't be that much of a deal. You quickly ate your pancakes and looked outside. It had started to snow, you could see tiny snowflakes hit the ground. When you looked up to the sky and was the blue sky you sighed in relief. The snow wouldn't be heavy at all so maybe you'll have time today to go and practice a little bit as your training session got cut short.

The door opened, you could see little snowflakes landing in the room as the person had taken their time to get in the door. A man had walked in with there dog following close behind. The man looked around and spotted Yuri with his head down. 

"Hey! Yuri!" The man exclaimed as he made his way over to them.

Yuri sighed when he heard his name being called. Yuri sighed even more when he saw that the man was making his way over to you with his dog following close behind. You looked over at the dog that was following close behind the man, you couldn't believe how cute the dog was! The only pets that you had back home were a couple of goldfish that you had to take over to your parents house for them to watch. You would love to have a fluffy friend, but your constant weekend and week trips you had to the snow, made it impossible to have a pet, even when the ski season would finish in your home country, you would travel around to different ski fields around the world. In short, you were rarely home. 

"What do you want Viktor?" Yuri asked slightly annoyed.

"Nothing!" Viktor said smiling. "I just wanted to see my old friend!"

"Well if that's all-"

"Who is this lovely girl sitting next to you?" Viktor said cutting off Yuri as he noticed you.

"I'm (Y/N)." You smiled.

"I'm Viktor and this is Makkachin." Viktor said as he pointed to his dog that was on the floor.

"Aww," you said as you looked closer at the dog. "He's so cute!"

Viktor laughed and smiled at you. Viktor started to look at you curiously. You looked over at him confused.

"What are you competing in?" Viktor asks as he leans on the table.

"Snowboarding for (Y/C)." You said smiling at the thought. "What about you?"

"I'm figure skating for Russia, and I'm also coaching a person in the Japan team." Viktor said smiling.

"Is this your first Olympics?" You asked Viktor.