⇢ eight

Chapter Eight: Preparations

Your team are preparing for the opening ceremony. You sneak out and end up running into Yuri at the rink.

You had a meeting with all the athletes from your home country. It was mainly talking about the opening ceremony. The older athletes told everyone that the ceremony should be short than the Summer Olympics as there was a lot less teams that compete. You nodded at this information. You had already knew that as your coach had told you everything that you needed to know. Although they did tell you when you when you were going to walk out. They had told you what country was in front of you and what country was behind you. However you weren't really paying attention and you figured that Amelia would tell you. The meeting was dragging on. Most people were asking questions about the things that they had just explained. This irritated you so you went out to have a look outside.

You grabbed your coat, scarf and gloves and walked out of the door and into the cold snowy with snowy weather. It wasn't a blizzard outside, but it was lightly snowing, nothing that you weren't used to.

Your feet started to sink into the snow as you walked. There wasn't much going on, the small eateries that were in the area were mostly filled with people eating their dinner. You had a feeling that you were the only one out in the cold. You had full intentions to go up the ski lift and see who was practicing. You knew that there had to be someone practicing, the sun was just setting and there was still quiet a lot of visibility.

You ended up walking past the ice rink, you looked in and saw a slight glow, you figured that someone was practicing. Your curiosity got the better of you and you walked in to see who was in the rink. You walked in and closed the door behind you and walked to the doors that opened to the rink.

When you walked in you weren't overly surprised to see who was in there practicing. It was the cold Russian Punk that you had grown accustomed to over the past two weeks. You looked to see that his hair was tied up in a ponytail. You hadn't really noticed how long his hair was. You wanted nothing more than to run your fingers through it and braid it. You almost laughed at the thought of Yuri with two little braids in his hair.

You walked down and stood at the entrance to the ice. He finished his routine in the middle of the rink with his hands in the air. You slowly made your way onto the ice to see him.

"That was pretty good ice boy." You said as you look slow steps to make sure that you don't fall over.

"Tsk, you are you calling Ice boy?" Yuri said as he made his way to you.

"Are you really that forgetful?" You question. "It was the nickname I gave you the first time that we meet."

Yuri said nothing but frowned at you. "You're doing very well-"

Yuri didn't have the chance at all to finish the sentence as you slipped over and fell right on your bum. Your face flushed red in embarrassment. Yuri didn't help the matter at all as he started to laugh at you. Your backside hurt a little after falling on the ice. Yuri shook his head and skated over to help you up. Once you were on your feet again you slipped and fell right into Yuri. However Yuri didn't fall over, it was almost your weight on him meant nothing. Your face went redder as your face landed in Yuri's chest. You heard Yuri sigh and help you up again.

"Ha! The world famous (Y/N) just slipped on ice!" Yuri laughed.

You could by help frown at Yuri. You wished that Yuri would slip on the ice, but you knew that was very unlikely to happen. After all, Yuri was a world class skater, he was one of the highest ranked skaters in the world. As you looked up at Yuri, you saw he had a glint of amusement in his eyes. He quickly told you to wait there as he dashed off the ice and put on his blade covers before he ran in the direction of the changing rooms. He soon came out with a bashed up pair of skates.

"Here." Yuri said as he stood off from the ice with the pair of skates in his hands.

You walked carefully towards him, you didn't want to fall on the ice again, and it wasn't because Yuri was  watching, it was  the fact that you didn't want your butt to be completely purple from falling on the ice. You sat down on the bench and Yuri started to put the skates on.

"Where did you get these from?" You asked as you looked at him.

"This rink is actually a public rink, but at the start of last year they made some modifications to it so it could be used in the Olympics." Yuri explained as he laced up your skates tightly. You winced on how tightly Yuri was doing up your skates. He looked like he was about to laugh at your discomfort. "The tighter they are, the less chance you have spraining an ankle." Yuri explained.

He brought you out on the ice and you tightly held his hands as you thought you were going to fall, despite the fact that you needed pretty good balance to snowboard. With Yuri still holding your hand, you both made it a couple of laps around the rink. Yuri let your hand go, but you were too busy having fun skating on the ice to notice. Yuri had originally brought you onto the ice so you could embarrass yourself by falling over very moment. But instead, he noticed that you had become even more graceful. He should of known that with you being a snowboarder that you would have pretty good balance and you wouldn't fall over as much as most people do. Yuri snickered at the thought of Yuuri falling over every five minutes when he first started skating. Yuri watched you skate around the rink with a small smile on his face that he was completely unaware of.

What both you and Yuri were unaware of was the couple that was standing up at the top of rink. They watched the pair interact from the first moment that you had stepped on the ice with only your shoes on. They both knew that the facade that Yuri carried out was only the tip of the iceberg on his personality. The pair had both seen him interact with his grandfather and the 'tough-guy' facade would instantly disappear.

"We should head back." Yuuri whispered into Viktor's ear.

"Hmm, we should." Viktor said as both him and Yuri turned around and walked out.

They both got to the door and Viktor held it open for Yuuri. Yuuri muttered a thank you as they laced hands to walk back to their cabin. Once they were both quiet a distance from the rink Viktor let go of Yuuri's hand.

"I win!" He called out as both him and Yuuri stopped. "I told you that they were going to fall in love together!"

"They both need to admit it for you to win." Yuuri said as he looked at Viktor. "Besides I have nothing I can pay you."

Viktor smirked and walked over to Yuuri. "I can think of other ways that you can pay me." Viktor whispered in to Yuuri's ear as he bent down to Yuuri. 

"Hmm." Yuuri said as he leaned into Viktor and looked up at him. Viktor quickly brought his head down and kissed Yuuri.

"C'mon lets go." Viktor said as he grabbed Yuuri's hand and started to pull him in the direction of the cabins.

A/N: Me as the author, you can come up with what Viktor and Yuuri do once they are back at the cabin ;). Well this chapter is a bit overdue. I know Yuri was a bit OC, in fact in this whole book he is 'a bit' OC. To make up for the lateness of this chapter I added a Victuuri scene in at the end. I figured after being with Viktor for soooo long that Yuuri would get used to Viktor's sudden PDA that he might throw his way. The next chapter is where the Olympics will start! I will use most of the stats and athletes from the 2014 games in Sochi, Russia! I have also written up a one shot that was meant for YOI Week 2017, if you want to see it I'll add in this story as a bonus chapter. The story is completely Victuuri related and has nothing to do with this series! Also tomorrow my exams results are coming back and I'm 99.99% that I failed every single paper that I did. (I already know that I've failed an English paper because I only wrote the introduction for the essay and I forgot the directors name, oh well).

-ash