•6•

•Mara's POV•

The rest of the week went passed smoothly. I was expecting something from Ryder, some payback of some sort, but there wasn't anything. He was acting normal around me, holding me to him, whispering things in my ear.

But, he hasn't asked me on a date or anything yet. And I know I believe him about me being different to him, but there is a voice in the back of my head telling me he might dump me like of the rest of the girls he's used.

I stare at the ceiling as I lay in my comfortable bed, the morning sun breaking through the blinds where they don't meet.

I sigh and sit up, running a hand through my honey blonde hair. It's so long now, I remember when I was twelve and I decided I wanted my hair to be like Rapunzels. I've only gotten small trims from then on and it's now down a little past my belly button.

I go to the bathroom and take a relaxing shower, I wash my hair and use my favourite body wash before hopping out and applying some light make-up and blow drying my hair.

I feel like today is going to be a little warm, so I put on one of my favourite summer dresses. It has a pretty floral pattern all over it and has a well-fitted torso, about three done-up buttons go down my chest in the same pattern and the dress flows out at the bottom.

I smile at the girl in the reflection and make my way downstairs.

"Morning dear," Mum greets, "There's a letter addressed to you on the kitchen counter."

"Morning mum, thanks." I smile and make my way to the sweet smelling breakfast.

When I enter the kitchen, dad is making his signiture waffles.

"Yes! Waffles!" I fist pump the air.

Dad laughs, "It's our first saturday here, I thought we'd celebrate a little."

I see the letter with a neaty scribbed:

Samara

I frown a little as I pick it up, who would send me this?

I open the envelope and pull out the letter.

Hello Samara.

It starts, who uses my full name?

I need to talk to you about something.

Meet me at Sal's Diner at noon.

-R

Okay, quite demanding, but interesting. I'm guessing it's Ryder due to the 'R'.

I look at the time and see it's only nine.

As I'm waiting for dad to cook the waffles, I grab my iPhone and decide to browse through my Facebook.

I have a few notifications and some likes, but I click on the personal message I have from that girl, Jessica.

Why is she messaging me?

I shrug and look when it loads.

Jessica: Okay, here's the deal, slut. You stay away from Ryder or you'll be sorry for the rest of your miserable little life.

Is she seriously still going on about that? I scoff and type back a message.

Me: I can do what I please, thanks. Last time I checked, you weren't my mother.

I go to put down my phone, but a notification stops me.

Jessica: Oh, you're so asking for it now.