•12•

•Mara's POV•

I decide it's best to stay in my tiger form.

I poke my tiger's head through some bushes and see about four guys, muscular topless guys, in a circle talking. Something seems strangely wrong about them.

I let out a little growl and instantly their heads pop up and look around.

Surely they couldn't have heard that?

I slyly come out of the bush and keep my eyes on them as I approach, keeping low and my lips curled showing my large, sharp teeth.

One of the guys turns and his eyes widen when he sees me. Like they somehow communicated, the other three turn around too. All their eyes widen in shock.

I continue to approach and listen to the quiet conversation they are having.

"Isn't that the tiger everyone's talking about?" One of them asks.

"I think so." The other one replies.

"Guys, there's a one hundred thousand dollar award if anyone gives it in. They said dead or alive, we could take it out easily." Another grins.

They really think they could take me?

Soon, a grin creeps on all of their faces and they start to come forward as I stop.

There is still a fair amount of distance between us. If they want to fight, they come to me.

But, then something unusual happens that I don't expect at all.

They all leap in the air and shift.

Into wolves.

'Werewolves.' Snow gasps.

'I didn't think they existed!' I reply.

'Well, nobody thinks we exist either.' Snow replies.

'Now we're in danger. I'm facing four werewolves, the book said we have close to the same qualities.' I say.

'Yeah, but the difference is, we're a tiger Mara. A tiger. We can beat them easy, just aim for their throats." Snow replies.

I let out a roar as they get close.

'Lets do this.' I smirk.

One leaps at me and I use my head to throw it off me, it falls to my side and whimpers as it hits the ground. I don't waste time and jump on it, holding it's head down with my white paw as my teeth bite down on it's windpipe.

'Well that was easier than I thought.' I say.

'One down, three to go.' Snow grins.

But this time, two of the wolves leap at me. I run towards them as they're in the air and duck under them, leaping at the last wolf, taking it completely by surprise. I don't waste time to sink my teeth in it's throat.

I notice the other wolf has shifted back into human form and is now laying lifeless on the ground.

The other two start circling me like sharks and I growl and keep my eye on them.

I hear a loud growl from the outside of the clearing and look up to see a large, black wolf with five others around it.

It's the group of wolves I meet before.

I look to the black wolf to see it watching me.

Bad move Mara.

One of the wolves surrounding me notices my distraction and pounces on me, it's about to bite my throat, but I move my head away and it gets my shoulder, sinking it's sharp teeth into my fur and breaking the skin.